Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Zylkene Experiences

Discussion in 'Dog Health and Nutrition' started by fortunesfool, Nov 5, 2012.

1. fortunesfool

fortunesfool PetForums Senior

This should be some what topical at the moment but looking for other peoples experiences with Zylkene. Bodhi was at the vet two weeks ago and put on his best stress display so we ended up discussing his stress levels in general as he can be quite tightly wound. Agreed that with fireworks coming up and the fact he does seem quite agitated we could try Zylkene for a few weeks.

Now this might be me being neurotic based on a number of things stressing me out at the moment (and yes probably stressing him out too) but has anyone noticed any negative changes in their dog while on Zylkene - he actually seems to be a bit more agitated than usual. I have read that dogs can be adversely affected by the change in how they feel - might this be possible?

On the plus side apart from a bit of barking the fireworks don't seem to bother him....

2. Redice

Redice PetForums Senior

The problem is around Firework time that dogs can behave more stressed and out of character anyway so may not be a good time to evaluate how well the zyklene is working.
    Maybe you will be able to judge better how the zyklene is affecting him when things 'return to normal' in terms of the fireworks.

3. Bagrat

Bagrat PetForums VIP

Jackson was on skullcap and valerian ( long before fireworks)and it did nothing but I did think he shivered more on it ( he has thin coat and is practically bald underneath however)!! I've now got him on Zylkene and it does seem to take the edge off his nerviness but again I think he is more shivery,( he always shivers on walks - it's just all a bit much) but he does settle better in the evenings. He's not constantly looking or listening and the shivery episodes don't last long. (I've ordered him a fleece!!)

4. fortunesfool

fortunesfool PetForums Senior

Thanks, the vet did say give it a month (far too crazy to believe him of course) and we've had a couple of things stessing me out so maybe not a good time to judge.

Two more weeks, here's hoping....

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice