Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Zoozone?

Discussion in 'Rodents' started by Cherpi, Apr 2, 2011.

1. Cherpi

Cherpi PetForums Senior

2. foxxy cleopatra

foxxy cleopatra PetForums VIP

yeah that looks pretty good, i personally LOVE imac, but me and my bf are trying to construct a wooden once :D good to know you're already thinking about it! i spend MONTHS researching :D i loved it! its so exciting getting a new hammy :D

3. B3rnie

B3rnie Guest

I have 2 ZZ1's and 1 ZZ2 I love them :D

ZZ2's are better for Syrian hamsters tbh, you can fit more toys in, and it has a great footfall than the ZZ1 :thumbup:

4. foxxy cleopatra

thats true, you can spread them out ect, but my hammy loves the tubes on the imac, ive had so many cages im losing count!

5. niki87

niki87 PetForums VIP

Personally I would get the large version. That one isn't terribly big. A fully kitted out large one can be good...I have 2 winter whites in one and really it's only just big enough!

Be careful about wood...at least wooden shelves...wee can both destroy them plus it's a pain to clean and will smell more. Though properly treated is good!! :D

6. foxxy cleopatra

yeah i was wondering about that, just talking about it with my bf.....its going to be a longggg job! need some advice from someone who's made a wood one!

7. Cherpi

Cherpi PetForums Senior

Thanks for the advice but money is tight, I've planned everything out, what I'm getting and the cage etc etc, and it's worked out fine, if I end up not being able to get it when I plan too I'll buy the bigger cage as I'll have more money (btw saying that money is tightI can afford to get a hamster etc just not to spend on a huge cage)

#7 Cherpi, Apr 3, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2011
  8. thedogsmother

thedogsmother PetForums VIP

ZZ2s come up on ebay all the time, I seem to be able to find them pretty cheap, where in the country are you?

9. Cherpi

Cherpi PetForums Senior

I'm in the UK! Also I can't really drive any where so they'd need to be delivery haha.

10. thedogsmother

thedogsmother PetForums VIP

Right so postage only, I'll keep my eyes open.

11. Cherpi

Cherpi PetForums Senior

Thank you :) I did just take a look but I can never find any, I really don't like ebay ._.

12. CheekoAndCo

CheekoAndCo PetForums VIP

I'd never use a ZZ for hammies again. Mine chew out of them!

13. Pomegranate

Pomegranate PetForums Member

If you did want to buy a ZZ2 new, they're often not much more than a ZZ1 price-wise; on Equipetable they're just over a tenner more, which considering how much more space they provide, is great.

14. Sarah+Hammies

Sarah+Hammies PetForums VIP

I have seen the ZZ2 online somewhere about £5 more than the ZZ1 (cant remember where though :eek: ) So it is worth shopping around!! :yesnod:

I love the ZZ cages i think they give a decent size cage at an affordable price unlike so many others.

15. Cherpi

Cherpi PetForums Senior

I have found one for £42 which is pretty good considering I was going to buy it for £49... Can't find any cheaper though.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice