Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Zooplus What A Bag Of Crap!!!

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by Izzie999, Jul 12, 2009.

1. Izzie999

Izzie999 PetForums VIP

Hi all,

Rant warning:mad:

Three weeks ago I ordered two jumbo hooded trays and a scratching post! they are supposed to arrive within four days, especially when we are in the neighbouring country! After lots of nagging and my temper getting more frayed,the scratcher finally arrived minus two posts! I am ready to explode. They had already told me there would be a replacement scratcher sent out because they think it had gone missing in the post! I have to wait for this to arrive and I will complete my half built scratcher and keep the rest as spares!

I now have to find another supplier for my cat food!!

Izzie

2. eastcliff

eastcliff PetForums Newbie

i have used zooplus for a number of years now and never had any problems with them hopefully yours was a one off .

3. Izzie999

Izzie999 PetForums VIP

Hi,
    Well so have I lol, but its been a stream of problems with the last few deliveries, its a shame as their food is very reasonably priced etc but the fact we live next door to Germany it takes longer for a delivery to get here than it does to the UK!! that is not acceptable!

Izzie

4. SeaThreePeeO

SeaThreePeeO PetForums VIP

I hope the scratcher turns up for you soon. Really there isn't an excuse for not being able to deliver complete orders.

Hopefully things will improve soon.

Izzie999 likes this.
  5. Izzie999

Izzie999 PetForums VIP

Hi,

Thanks, I think what has annoyed me the most is I pay import tax on orders and in some cases have had to pay extra tax because a parcel hasn't arrived together, I need to find another supplier in Switzerland it is costing me a fortune to order, trying to find a way of getting a huge order every other month rather than paying out every single month.

I have already told them I will be claiming my import tax back off them due to their incompetance, they know Im a very regular customer so hopefully they will work with me to get it sorted.

Izzie

6. SeaThreePeeO

SeaThreePeeO PetForums VIP

Do you have something like trading standards in Switzerland? If you do maybe they can advise you of your rights as a consumer.

I hope you do get your import tax refunded by Zooplus. It's the least they could do really. At a very basic level you'd thing they check that what they were sending out was complete.

7. Izzie999

Izzie999 PetForums VIP

Hi,

Well I have worked out that I may be better paying to get my food delivered from Pet supermarket in the UK, still have to pay import tax but the prices are much better than zooplus and this is the best bit, I can finally get my hands on worlds best cat litter again! yayyy!

I hope I get a refund too. its just a major nuisance isn't it?

Izzie

8. LKelly

LKelly PetForums Junior

I've always used PetPlanet and find them to be quick with delivery and you get free delivery if the orders over £29. I order my food and a few other essential every month from them.

#8 LKelly, Jul 13, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2009
  9. eastcliff

eastcliff PetForums Newbie

not sure but i think petplanet is sister company to zooplus i am right in thinking that , anybody ?

10. Taylorbaby

Taylorbaby PetForums VIP

Hiya Ive never *touch wood* Had problems with zooplus, I order from them literally every week! (Shouldnt I get some sort of partner discount?!?!!!)

Just out in another order so *touch wood* itll be here soon!!!

MAke sure they give you compensation!!!!

I had a minor prob with them, they advertised something wrong then changed it after I bought it! SNEEKY!!!! I refused delivery & they gave me £10 to say sorry :)

11. LKelly

LKelly PetForums Junior

Hiya, Just out of curiosity I contacted PetPlanet to find out and they advised they aren't a sister company of ZooPlus :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice