Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Zooplus using Yodel

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by Dante, Jan 4, 2012.

1. Dante

Dante PetForums VIP

Just about to place an order with ZP and noticed they now offer you the choice of Yodel aswell as Parcelforce for delivery - Now I'm stumped! I've heard bad things about Yodel aswell but they could be better than the experiences I've had with Parcelforce?

Anyone had a Zooplus Yodel delivery yet? Not sure how long they've been offering this.

2. paul maine coon

paul maine coon PetForums Senior

I looked at the reviews on yodel and i couldn't fined a good one so I thought "better the devil you no" I might try them one day when I have a small order as zooplus are good at looking after us so its not as if you would lose out at the end of the day. Are yodel a new company ?

3. Dante

Dante PetForums VIP

They're part of HDNL and yes I just googled them and they sound truly awful - but if you google Parcelforce you'll be hard pushed to find a decent review either.

Think I'll stick with what I'm used to!

4. PetloverJo

PetloverJo PetForums VIP

My Cat tree that I got from Zooplus was delivered by DPD must admit they were very good appeared on their Website Tracker instantly after I received email off Zooplus, even told me it was gonna be delivered between 11:54 and 12:54 arrived at 11:57:thumbup1: Shame they don't use them permanently

5. Dante

Dante PetForums VIP

Agree, DPD have always been excellent with any deliveries I've had :)

ETA: Just googled DPD to check aswell, they also have terrible reviews - I guess it's a case of only people that have been burnt by a delivery company actually bother to write reviews so it isn't a fair representation.

#5 Dante, Jan 4, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2012
  6. malibu

malibu Guest

I use yodel alot and 99% of the time, they are pretty good

7. martap

martap PetForums Member

Yer, I saw that.. Was keen on using it as im always happy to try something new lol but then i thought.. Why should i push my luck? I was always happy with Parcel Force deliveries so no point risking it :)
    I use all kinds of couriers at work and Yodel is one of them.. I cant complain really..

8. IndysMamma

IndysMamma PetForums VIP

Yodel is the rebrand of HDNL as they were getting *such* an awful rep they went for a new name/new image to try save the company

the problem is it is franchise based so it is luck of the draw whether you are in a good area or a bad one :p

My Yodel driver is amazing but the previous driver was dreadful - he dropped a large box clearly labelled 'Computer' and got really abusive when I refused to sign for it and he had to take it to the van to return

I worked for a catalogue callcentre for a while and 40% of the calls at one point were Yodel complaints but like was mentioned - people rarely mention when it goes right - for the company I worked for alone Yodel was delivering up to 250,000 parcels a week with maybe 2,000 complaints a week -it's a pretty good ratio!

9. kerfuffle

kerfuffle PetForums Senior

Yodel in my area is awful, they don't even bother to leave calling cards to say they've been so you have no way of knowing if they even bothered delivering if you've popped out for a minute to the shops.

10. Chewie39

Chewie39 PetForums VIP

Unfortunately I have found that often the case with online reviews for lots of things - sadly people who've had horrendous experiences and are angry about them are often the only ones who can be bothered to write reviews!

11. NEW2CATS

NEW2CATS PetForums VIP

i had some deliveries from yodel before xmas. as i was working i was fully expecing to get a 'sorry we missed you' card.
    but with the 1st one there was no card at all and then after a few days i tracked it online and it just said it was delivered and signed for by 'michelle', no door number or anything. luckily michelle happens to be the 1 neighbour of mine whose name i know!!

the 2nd parcel i got a card put through my door but again they had left it with a neighbour and again there was no house number, just 'mckiernon'. I had absolutely no idea who this was!!!! and had to knock on a few houses asking if they had a parcel for me before i found the guy!!!

oh well at least they didnt take it to their depot which is a whole county away down a major motorway!!!

dpd have been good but again their depot is quite far away so i hate it if i am working and miss them. at least with parcelforce they take it to a local post office - not that it is easy for me as i dont have a car so i cant order anything heavy!!

12. maisiecat

maisiecat PetForums VIP

I just ordered some litter and noticed the choice too, have not heard anything good about Yodel at all, and so far had no real problems with delivery so stayed with the original delivery option.

I believe I read that Yodel are restructuring and closing some depots due to having so many problems and complaints.

13. danielled

danielled Guest

Don't usually post in cat chat lol. Not yodel somebody on here who I know personally discovered that yodel don't deliver.:) no good reviews on them either.

14. Jazzy

Jazzy PetForums VIP

Amazon was using Yodel in the run up to Christmas. I got two deliveries from them by an oldish man in a car but one of my deliveries didn't turn up and then I got an email from Amazon saying they had refunded the books I had returned - I hadn't even had them never mind returned them.:eek: Apparently Yodel had returned them to Amazon and not even made any attempt to deliver as I was in all the time.

15. raggie doll

raggie doll PetForums VIP

I have ordered something last week did'nt think it would come till tomorrow came today i have used yodel before never had any problems

16. Grace_Lily

Grace_Lily PetForums VIP

I had an odd delivery from yodel just before Christmas; it was a young lad in a customised (tackily!) peugeot 206. When I got to the door he was bending down to peer through the nets into the house!

17. danielled

danielled Guest

That explains why my Order arrived so close to Christmas. That sounds like something yodel would do.

18. shamykebab

shamykebab PetForums VIP

I'd never voluntarily choose Yodel!

I had a Yodel delivery a couple of months ago. I was in the shower when it arrived: I heard the front door knock and the dogs barking at the door. I thought they'd leave a "sorry we missed you" card and I'd pick it up later. However, I suddenly heard the dogs race through the house towards the back door. They were making the most horrendous noise, growling like I'd never heard before.

At this point I was slightly worried, so I rushed downstairs (in my towel! :eek:) to find that the Yodel delivery man had OPENED my conservatory door, WALKED through the house, and left the parcel in the family room!! DESPITE two large, angry dogs! I couldn't believe it!!

Never using them again!

19. AlfiesArk

AlfiesArk PetForums VIP

I've used HDN before and found them truely appaling.... didn't realise until yesterday when i recieved a parcel at work from Yodel that they are one and the same..... had no problems with it this time!

We only tend to have a problem when no one is avaliable to sign for the parcel and then we have to rearrange delivery!! they make it so bloody complicated.

20. PetloverJo

PetloverJo PetForums VIP

Just ordered from Zooplus testing Yodel delivery in this area, I'll let you all know:)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice