Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Zooplus in 2021

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by kahvi, Jan 9, 2021.

1. kahvi

kahvi PetForums Junior

Does anybody know what's happening with Zooplus after Brexit? A lot of their products are out of stock at the moment and they've said they're going to stop supplying certain brands to the UK in 2021.

Have they made any announcements as to which brands won't be available going forwards? The page on their website isn't massively clear on precisely what will happen, but it would be great to hear if anybody knows anything more!

#1 kahvi, Jan 9, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2021
  2. Nonnie

Nonnie PetForums VIP

Anything that used to be sent from Germany, or wasnt that popular in the UK, will no longer be available. Its simply a case of looking and seeing what they have as they wont be releasing a list.

They have recently had a stocking issue due to increased orders, port issues etc. Most brands will be available, but not the full ranges.

I wasnt able to get my dogs usual food, but it came back in stock this week, although limited you to buying one bag per flavour, per order.

3. Torin.

Torin. PetForums VIP

"Popular" seems to specifically refer to 'regular purchases', rather than actually popular. In that popular and very well regarded items that were infrequent purchases (repeat frequent purchases of items not needed) are also being dropped.

4. Burrowzig

Burrowzig PetForums VIP

It doesn't say anything about that on their page about changes. Why Germany?

5. Torin.

Torin. PetForums VIP

They're a German company who have sold a lot of German (and other European) brands. So Brexit stuff hits things that they're directly importing, as opposed to British stuff manufactured here that they're one of many distributors of.

As with everything else, there's so much upheaval atm that it's simply not known what will be financially viable in the longer term. Hence the lack of clarity.

6. Nonnie

Nonnie PetForums VIP

Some orders were shipped direct from their German depot. They are now only going to be sending stuff they stock in their UK depot.

They sent an email out a while ago out lining some changes, and i contacted them about a few items that i use, but arent sold enough to justify keeping in the UK.

Items will still be available, but you will have to order from their .com site, not co.uk.

7. SbanR

SbanR PetForums VIP

If you wish to know about a specific item, contact customer service who will let you know if it'll still be available.

@Nonnie it says on their site that "deliveries into the UK from other Zooplus sites will also cease"

8. Nonnie

Nonnie PetForums VIP

I must have read it wrong. Cant actually find the original email either.

9. SbanR

SbanR PetForums VIP

If you click on the link provided by the OP it's there. I can't copy n paste as my old tablet is very temperamental!

10. SbanR

SbanR PetForums VIP

@Nonnie

• It will not be possible to place orders on zooplus.co.uk for delivery outside the UK. We request that affected customers order from their local zooplus website or zooplus.com. Deliveries into the UK from other zooplus sites will also cease.

11. kahvi

kahvi PetForums Junior

Yeah I think I will get in touch with them just so that I know whether I have to change our pup's food!

12. Nonnie

Nonnie PetForums VIP

I got an email, but it was quite some time ago, so has probably been deleted form my trash bin now.

They might have updated things, or i simply got it wrong. Probably the latter. Probably a completely different company im thinking of too.

13. kahvi

kahvi PetForums Junior

The email just contained the same information they've put on the website (unless you mean a different email! This one was from 16.12.20)

Untitleddd.png

14. Nonnie

Nonnie PetForums VIP

It was way before that.

Im starting to think i might have dreamt it.

15. CheddarS

CheddarS PetForums VIP

I would say that Zooplus has deteriorated over the years. They always go through periods of low stock and often find my preferences are no longer available. I don’t get my food from there just snacks but am buying less and less unfortunately

16. Bukhara

Bukhara PetForums Junior

Not Zooplus, but this is the current warning on Bella & Duke's homepage.
    If it's that difficult to send stuff domestically within the UK, I can't imagine things will be much easier sending stuff from the EU into England/Wales/Scotland.
    Screenshot_20210108-001328-957.png

17. Burrowzig

Burrowzig PetForums VIP

As a regular customer of a German food, I'd have thought I'd have had an email if they were contacting people but haven't.

18. Mum2Ozzy

Mum2Ozzy PetForums Member

I was about to place my first order on zooplus, wish they announced which brands won't be available so customers could prepare

19. kahvi

kahvi PetForums Junior

I contacted them yesterday via their website and they replied within an hour! (link to contact form here)

They weren't able to give me definite answers though, but they were very polite :)

For one of the brands I asked about they said 'for now they seem to be discontinued and we do not know if they are going to be back in stock or no' and for the other 'they are going to be in stock as far as we know'. I appreciate that they're replying to these sorts of messages so promptly - I imagine they must be getting a lot of them!

Mum2Ozzy likes this.
  20. Mum2Ozzy

Mum2Ozzy PetForums Member

I imagine they must be flooded with those emails! Do you mind sharing what brands you enquired about?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice