Welcome!

Welcome to PetForums, the UK's most popular and friendly pet owners community. Please 'Sign Up' if you'd like to take part and contribute to our forum.

Zoo-Bio - so problematic !

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by Luckymax, Dec 6, 2018.

1. Luckymax

Luckymax PetForums Junior

I don’t know if anyone else has had problems with them, am very appalled with their customer service. Cat food says in stock but a week later it’s still not dispatched. Have emailed them, left voice message, called constantly yesterday and nobody answered. Is it a one man show as when I have spoken to someone it’s been the same person answering. It’s supposed to be delivered in 3 - 5 days. Any thoughts please .....

2. NFC slave

NFC slave PetForums Senior

Sorry if I am being stupid, I often am, but who or what is zoo bio?

3. Luckymax

They are an online pet food company which some people use as they have sizes and ranges that zooplus don’t have. But more trouble than its worth

MissMiloKitty and NFC slave like this.
  4. Orla

Orla PetForums Senior

Are they quite pricey compared with Zooplus? They seemed it from a quick glance.

5. Luckymax

They are cheaper as it’s a larger tin and supposedly more discount. But pointless when it’s nothing but stress

6. Orla

Orla PetForums Senior

Certainly sounds like it. If you get things sorted please keep us updated as it would be good to have an alternative to zooplus now HKC no longer operates but if their customer service is always like this rather than it being a one off then maybe not a great option

7. chillminx

chillminx PetForums VIP

@Luckymax - I have often ordered from Zoo-bio UK in the past, and in fact was about to place another order with them. (They are the only UK online company that sells a full range of the Catz Finefood Purrr foods, which I need).

I have never had a problem with them, my orders have been despatched and received within a week.

With the large amount of stock they offer I would be surprised if it is a one-person operation. Maybe there is only one person in the office answering the phone but surely there must lots more staff picking and packing orders...

I will put through an order and see what happens.

8. Whompingwillow

Whompingwillow PetForums VIP

I also have to use them for cat food, I have found their customer service not so great actually, I agree. But as long as theres no issues to sort out, all is smooth and fine and order arrives in fairly good time. The one time there was an issue, I wasnt impressed with how they dealt with it, I have a much better customer service experience with Zooplus and fuettern, the two other cat food companies I use, I also only use zoobio for catz finefoods pork!

9. MissMiloKitty

MissMiloKitty PetForums Senior

It's a German pet food website. I bought Catz Finefood Purrs from the site

10. MissMiloKitty

I've only used them once. £8 postage fee and my order took a lot longer to arrive than Zooplus even though they are both shipping from the same country (Germany)

I wonder if after Brexit we will have to pay customs charges?

11. chillminx

chillminx PetForums VIP

Depends on whether the UK stays in the Customs Union or not. If we don't stay in (as is looking probable) then it's most likely we will have to pay Duty on anything we order from outside the UK, just as we have to pay Duty at present on many items ordered from non-EU countries.

12. MissMiloKitty

I am thinking that will probably be the outcome. Zooplus is a lifeline for a lot of people. Decent food at an affordable price. Some things just aren't available in the UK unless you pay double from Amazon

13. Luckymax

I hope you have better luck than me. Ordered the food last Thursday still no show. In my experience customer service dire, no communication. Apparently when a food item says in stock on their website, it doesn’t necessarily mean it’s in stock which to me is ridiculous.

14. chillminx

chillminx PetForums VIP

I have had similar experiences with Zooplus - items shown on website as being in stock which I order, are missing from my delivery because they are out of stock. (it's not a 'picking' error because the items in question have been removed from the invoice). Annoyingly it always seems to be a food I am waiting for specifically, and the main reason for me making the order! :Banghead .

Last time it happened I complained again to Zooplus and as a result when the food came back into stock they sent me my order without charging me for delivery. They used not to do this, so it's an improvement in their customer service.

Whompingwillow likes this.
  15. Luckymax

This has happened to me by Zooplus but in all honesty no comparison in their customer service . Zooplus kept me informed and when it was in stock sent me some tinned food free of charge. But to be ignored and not communicate is not acceptable in my opinion .

16. Luckymax

Just an update to all regarding Zoo-bio, eventually it was delivered yesterday according to PayPal but some 15 miles from where it was supposed to be delivered. Looking at my order history on their website they have reduced the quantity of food ordered without contacting me or even refunding me the difference. Thankfully I have been refunded by PayPal but am so furious by their behaviour and dealing with this. So unprofessional.... If anybody has any recommendations for 800g sensitive tins please let me know. Feeling very distraught !

17. Amanda Sturdy

Amanda Sturdy PetForums Member

18. Luckymax

19. Luckymax

Thank you I checked but no luck with Macs 800g sensitive.

20. chillminx

chillminx PetForums VIP

Many thanks Amanda, but unfortunately they don't sell the pork flavour (or the kangaroo, though I can buy the kangaroo from Zooplus anyway). My cat is on a diet that contains no fish, chicken or beef (for control of feline dermatitis) with a rotated diet of kangaroo, lamb, pork, turkey and rabbit.

Whompingwillow likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice