Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Ziyal RIP

Discussion in 'Rainbow Bridge' started by trekky, Dec 14, 2009.

1. trekky

trekky PetForums Member

Any one who knows me will also know of my Gambian Pouched Rat Ziyal.

She was the tamest pouched rat i know and loved anyone that would spare a cuddle for her.

She turned out some cracking young for me in the past all have inherited her lovely temperament. She was the Inspiration behind UKpouchies.

Sadly she lost her 10 month fight with a mystery illness yesterday. Unforunately my vets didn't know enough about pouched rats to be able to offer a solution or treatment in time to save her.

She was truely cut down in her prime at just 2 and a half years old

Miss you forever my Zeebeedee you were one in a million

Zee.jpg

2. trekky

trekky PetForums Member

Well i had a report back from the vets after they did an autopsy on her yesterday as i wanted to find out what she died of and if this is something that we need to know as owners.

The solid mass in her thorax cavity that showed up on an earlier x-ray turned out to be a mass of fatty tissues. As well as that she also had fatty deposits building up around her liver. This in turn would have been affecting her liver function which was what was causing the fluid build up in her body.

The final diagnosis is that her body's cholesterol metabolism wasn't working properly and had they diagnosed this sooner there was nothing they could have done to prevent it.

I have been assured that the chances of getting another rat that suffers from this would be very unlikely and that this is not something that can be passed on genetically.

3. WENDY517

WENDY517 PetForums Member

how sad for such a loving pet
    sorry to hear this sad news,
    r.i.p.ziyal memories of our pets will live forever in our hearts.

4. Dirky47

Dirky47 Banned

I know your pet is very sweet. But the time has come. SO sorry. :(

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice