Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Ziva update

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by golfchick, Apr 4, 2011.

1. golfchick

golfchick PetForums Senior

Well its been just over a week now and the injections and safe period cant come soon enough for us! Shes getting a bit too big to be carrying places now, so much so that i last longer carrying her than the OH does! :D

We have a few issues as im sure most do with puppies, the most worrying being picking up everything from the garden including stones so Im really trying to work on drop and leave at the minute. I can safely say shes definitely liking her crate and happily goes in there to sleep, even takes herself off to it! Not yet left her alone so need to look up best technique and start doing that and she managed to go overnight almost with only 1 wake up last night and definitely 1 the night before!

We've only had a couple of accident and they both were our fault but they were only pee's and i think she's definitely understanding the fact she has to go the loo outside.

I apologise for my eyes in the picture of me, its quite hard work this puppyhood!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Nicky10

Nicky10 PetForums VIP

She's a serious cutie pie. She's going to be huge when she grows into all that skin

3. ballybee

ballybee PetForums VIP

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hates you :(:(:( so broody it's unreal!!!!

lol she's beautiful, Tummel went through a picking up stones phase the only thing you can do is follow them and watch them like hawks ;) Tummel very rarely picks up stones now(only if we throw them and even then he drops it when he finds out it's not exciting!)

Remember...if she gets to much i'll take her off your hands :D Oh and...watch her closely on walks...i might be hiding behind anything!!! (it's ok...i don't know where you live :) )

Jonesey likes this.
  4. Pointermum

Pointermum PetForums VIP

She's lovely :)

5. Dogless

Dogless PetForums VIP

What lovely pictures, she is gorgeous :D

I hear you on the stones issue - drop was one of the first things that we really worked on!!

6. Carla-Jade

Carla-Jade PetForums VIP

what a snuggle pie! gorgeous, i love the standing on ear pic, soooo adorable!!

7. golfchick

Another issue atm is her eating habbits! I was all ready for her to be a gannet with food I even bought a greedy gulper prepared for it but we've tried adding gravy, couldnt be bothered nor hot water really. Just added a wainrights tub to her dry that next door gave her and shes pollished it off though.... dont wanna cave too early and start ranging from food to food but at the same time she could do to put some more weight on!

8. Dogless

Dogless PetForums VIP

Not sure which is better - Kilo could be a contender for a gold medal if counter surfing and speed eating were Olympic sports and the burping is 'lovely' :rolleyes:

Sometimes I wish he would be a little more restrained; but as you said ranging from food to food is a pain. Hopefully you'll hit on something she likes (will be hard not too cave, she definately looks like a girl..sooo pretty and quite delicate looking I think :001_wub:)

You never know what might happen; next month you might be posting about her terrible eating habits :D

9. Ridgielover

Ridgielover PetForums Senior

She is just gorgeous :) And she likes to snuggle up in bedding just like her daddy :D

10. Jonesey

Jonesey PetForums VIP

What a lovely girl, must be so nice giving all that skin a good scratch! :)

11. Pets_R_Me:)

Pets_R_Me:) Guest

Gorgeous Doggie :)

12. Polimba

Polimba PetForums VIP

She is just soooo gorgeous. I found the puppy days hell I must admit :cryin: I could barely lift Zimba when we got him at 8 weeks, he didn't have his second jab until 12 weeks and my OH had trouble carrying him into the vets.

Zim also had a thing about stones and the garden, we had to remove all the pots as he got obsessed by them and tried to tunnel to Australia, it did pass quite quickly though.

Zimba likes some wet food mixed with his dry, he has Natures Diet.

The difficult phase doesn't get better quickly, then they hit adolescence ;) Zimba is 18 months now and he's a joy to have around, it sounds a long time but the really difficult bit soon passes and you forget. Then someone posts pics of Ridgie pups and you get broody :D

13. new westie owner

new westie owner PetForums VIP

She is adorable :)

14. golfchick

shes eaten a lot better today having had wainrights mixed in, in fact shes eaten pretty much all of her meals.

Awful night last though, up almost every hour even though we know she can go a lot longer and i got her up at 6am as she had clearly had enough and when I work mornings im up at 6. I dunno whether to put an alarm in the kitchen and have it beep and then we'll let her out and ignore all else whining or to keep on struggling on a bit for now....

I can still lift her at 2 days under 10 weeks so i think im doing pretty well!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice