Welcome!

Welcome to PetForums, the UK's most popular and friendly pet owners community. Please 'Sign Up' if you'd like to take part and contribute to our forum.

Zebra Finch

Discussion in 'Bird Chat' started by stevemcdonna, Sep 11, 2009.

1. stevemcdonna

stevemcdonna PetForums Newbie

My baby zebra finch is 2 weeks old and has just left the nest although it can't yet fly? Is this ok? It also has a pink beak. Ive read on websites that they should have black beaks? Again is this ok? Any advise?

2. lonchura_boi

lonchura_boi PetForums Junior

far to young, sould be at least 3 weeks old before it fledges, so pick it up and put it back in the nest.
    as for the pink beak, what colour is the chick, what fether colour that is.

3. stevemcdonna

stevemcdonna PetForums Newbie

It's white! I did put it back and that was a week ago and it is now out starting to eat and is flying fine! Still has a pink beak tho!

4. lonchura_boi

lonchura_boi PetForums Junior

glad to hear its all good.

sounds like you have an albino, albino zebras are rare!! there are chestnut flanked whites, and 100% pieds which are both comon but have normal coloured beaks. albino will have pink beak and pink eyes.

5. SarahMJackson123

SarahMJackson123 PetForums Newbie

My zebra finch baby was like that too, a bit of a runt, but perfectly healthy

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice