Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Yumove causing my dog to vomit??!

Discussion in 'Dog Health and Nutrition' started by Shell_32000, Sep 6, 2020.

1. Shell_32000

Shell_32000 PetForums Newbie

Hi guys, I'm new to this forum and need some advice please if possible.

We recently started giving Yumove tablets to our 4 year old GSD due to clicking in her right back leg. She has been on them for 2 and a half weeks so far with no problems. However, she has vomited 11 times so far since Friday night (September 4th). I read somewhere that Yumove can cause upset stomachs in some dogs, has anyone had a similar experience with Yumove or any similar side effects? Nothing has changed in her diet, she hasn't had anything different or eaten anything bad. She has been healthy and active until Friday.

Thanks, Shell.

2. Mum2Heidi

Mum2Heidi PetForums VIP

I would think if it’s Yumove it would have happened sooner. They recommend an initial loading dose so a cumulative effect could be possible.
    It may be worth contacting lintbells the manufacturers of Yumove for their advice.

She may have picked up a bug? If she’s been vomiting since Friday I’d probably be contacting my vet. Have you put her on a bland diet to see if that helps or stopped Yumove?

3. Shell_32000

Shell_32000 PetForums Newbie

Thanks for your quick response :) I have read on some reviews that their dog became unwell after 1-2 weeks of being on Yumove, which is why I'm wondering about if it is making my dog unwell. It could be a bug, but I'm just not sure. I contacted a vet today and they said to keep an eye on her, and if problems worsen then to get her looked at. Yep she's also on bland food as well.

4. Mum2Heidi

Mum2Heidi PetForums VIP

Hope she soon starts to feel better.
    Might be worth contacting lintbells if you find it is Yumove or for their comments in the meantime. If no one tells them they won’t know it causes digestive issues in some dogs;)

5. teddylion

teddylion PetForums Member

I've been researching Yumove and other green lipped mussel powder for my cat.

I noticed in the reviews someone said their cat kept vomiting and they thought it was the added glucosamine so were now using a pure green lipped mussel powder without the glucosamine and the cat was fine.

Don't know if that's any help for your dog.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice