Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Yumega oil

Discussion in 'Dog Health and Nutrition' started by Horse and Hound, Apr 30, 2011.

1. Horse and Hound

Horse and Hound PetForums VIP

I think its been brill for the dogs coats, but today saw some advertised that was Yumega plus , I think, for sensitive skin and dogs that scratch.

was thinking it might be worth a shot for Roo, although the bog standard stuff seems to work.

Anyone seen it/used it?

2. SixStar

SixStar Banned

I considered it a while ago for my Westie and Greyhounds, who all have/had skin issues, but was warned off it on another forum - apparantly it's caused alot of dogs to loose their coats :eek: Probably only a very small number of dogs but wasn't worth the risk in my case since hairloss was the main problem I wanted to cure with the 3 of them. We use salmon oil and find that very good - the greyhounds will always have dry skin I think but the Westie is *touch wood* clear of skin issues now FINALLY, and I do think the salmon oil helped.

If yours have been fine on the regular Yumega, I wouldn't bother changing to the Plus :)

3. Sure this is what Noush uses and speaks very highly of it!
    I use the salmon oil from fish4dogs!! BUT! beware if buying it bulk it has a short shelf life once opened!

4. codyann

codyann PetForums Senior

im glad someone wrote this thread as my mum is going to buy the yumega plus, maybe ill tell her to just my the normal one like you buy.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice