Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Yucky Bottles?

Discussion in 'Rabbits' started by SammyJo, Sep 2, 2013.

1. SammyJo

SammyJo PetForums VIP

I didn't have this problem at my previous house but I have moved the rabbits to my parents for now (until we find a house to buy) and their bottles are all going green inside.

They are in a shaded position (same as my old house) and I have always rinsed them out twice a day and filled them up.

Anyone know what the problem/solution could be? I don't want them drinking manky water :001_unsure:

I have noticed they are hardly drinking the water from the bottles and are all drinking from their bowls instead

2. Lil Miss

Lil Miss PetForums VIP

it will be algea, you can buy a bottle brush and scrub it out

3. SammyJo

SammyJo PetForums VIP

I have been scrubbing it out everyday but want to stop it forming really if I can - as I didn't used to get it at all in any of the bottles. :huh:

4. Lil Miss

Lil Miss PetForums VIP

its probably down to a change in water quality and the way the hutches face

5. SammyJo

SammyJo PetForums VIP

Good thinking - I will have a move around and maybe try bottled water. Thanks :)

6. floppy and sophie

floppy and sophie PetForums Newbie

Try bottle rinse - its on eBay listed as animal bottle cleaner or something like that

7. sskmick

sskmick PetForums VIP

I use a tinted bottle and a bottle cover which protects it from getting algae.

Bottle brushes are not sufficient as the algae gets into the top not sure about the spout, I simply throw the bottle and get another, large water bottles here are about £2.00 and will last longer with a cover, you can get them online or at Pets at Home.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice