Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

YoYo - our gorgeous little man

Discussion in 'Rainbow Bridge' started by Charity, Apr 17, 2013.

1. Charity

Charity Endangered Species

YoYo was a six year old Siamese rescue cat. We had only had him just over a year and he came to us with asthma. For about the last six months he had been having bouts of illness but our vet couldn't find out what the problem was. Recently, having been told a couple of weeks previously that he didn't have cancer, we were now told that it was lymphoma.
    Two days before Good Friday, he had an operation and was meant to be coming home afterwards but he had a bad reaction to the anaesthetic and was very poorly. On Good Friday, we were told there was unlikely to be any improvement so we made the awful decision to let him go.
    It broke my heart that day, especially as we expected to have him with us for several more months.
    He was the most wonderful companion, if any cat could show love to a human it was YoYo. He just loved to be with us at every opportunity and would sit with his head tucked into your neck and go to sleep.
    The night before we went to the vet hospital, I woke up in the middle of the night to find him sitting on my chest looking at me. He never came into our bedroom at night as he loved to sleep all night in his little house in the spare room. I believe that he knew he wouldn't be coming home and came to say goodbye.
    We loved you so much YoYo, we hope we made you happy in the few months you were with us. You are always in my mind whatever I'm doing.
    Hope we will be with you again one day sweetie. xx

Attached Files:

LPC likes this.
  2. jill3

jill3 PetForums VIP

Charity I am so sorry for your loss of Yo Yo.
    What a beautiful Boy.
    I and a lot of forum members on here know what you are going through and the pain and heart ache is very hard to bare.
    He had a great life with you although it was short you gave him Love and devotion and he did the same to you.
    I do believe that one day we will all meet up with our lost ones. Until then cherish his Happy memories.

R.I.P. Yo Yo and have lots of fun at Rainbow Bridge xx

3. LPC

LPC PetForums Member

Very moving - and lovely photos! You have my profound sympathy.

Blessings to you for having taken in a rescue cat! I'm sure that he valued your kindness to him, all the time that he was with you.

The only sentence I would change is your last one: "Hope we will be with you again one day sweetie". Just take away the word "hope" and you are sure that you will meet again.

Warmest best wishes to you!

4. lisa0307

lisa0307 PetForums VIP

Aww how very sad...he really was a gorgeous puss.
    R.I.P. Dearest YoYo. xxx :(

5. lymorelynn

lymorelynn UN Peacekeeper in training
    Staff Member

Sleep tight Yo-Yo, you gorgeous boy :( Enjoy chasing butterflies over the Rainbow Bridge

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice