Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Your most precious possesion

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by rona, May 13, 2010.

1. rona

rona Guest

What is your most precious possesion other than your animals?
    Mine is a letter written to my late father when he was demobbed from the Home Guard after the 2nd world war, from his commanding officer

2. Waterlily

Waterlily Amused

mine are my cards from friends and photos.

3. Cazza1974

Cazza1974 PetForums VIP

My childrens baby books from when they were born. Full of cards and birth announcements etc and their scan pictures.

4. Fleur

Fleur Vassal to Lilly and Ludo

My friend made me a scrap book for my 40th birthday.
    It is full of wonderful memories and laughter - it makes me laugh and cry everytime I look through it.

5. lisa0307

lisa0307 PetForums VIP

My other half...life wouldn't be half as fun without him :)

#5 lisa0307, May 13, 2010
    Last edited: May 13, 2010
  6. metame

metame PetForums VIP

either my st christopher (18th birthday present off my dad) or my silver chip fork (18th birthday present off my friends)

7. sue&harvey

sue&harvey PetForums VIP

Apart from people and animals, mine would be my laptop, not because it's important item, but because it allows me to have free video calls to my mum, dad, & bro and we can all see and speak to each other from across the miles. I'll never forget the day my mum made her first video call, she was like a kid at chrstmas :D

8. JSR

JSR PetForums VIP

I honestly have nothing material that is more precious than my animals. Out of them all Kane the horse means more, he was given to me by my mum and dad when I was 35 years old. It was a running joke that every Xmas from a very early age I asked them for a rocking horse (you know a proper old fashioned one) and they always said they couldn't afford it!! One Xmas my mum gave me a tiny wooden rocking horse with a tag on his neck saying that I was to get myself the horse of my dreams but not a wooden one a living breathing one!!! I'd never owned my own horse before I'd always had to loan or go to riding schools. So while Kane himself is a very special 'person' the fact he came from the 2 people I respect and love more than anyone in the world makes him the best thing ever!! :thumbup:

9. GoldenShadow

GoldenShadow PetForums VIP

The browband which belonged to my horse. Its just a band which goes across the forehead on the bridle. Its brown leather and brass plated. I always loved it and thought the brass plate just suited him so much (he was palomino) and its the one item I will keep forever.

If it can't be anything to do with animals we owned then it would be a print of an A3 picture of horses which was the last thing my Dad bought me before he left.

10. Zaros

Zaros Pet Forums, P/resident Evil

My memories. You can't have them stolen or taken from you and you can never lose them. Other than to Alzheimers but then you don't remember you had them in the first place! ;)

11. JANICE199

JANICE199 PetForums VIP

What a lovely post.:D

12. vickie1985

vickie1985 PetForums VIP

mine has to be a necklace which my OH bought for me, and also my laptop, and my baby photo album.

humm was we ment to pick 1? lol

13. GSDlover4ever

GSDlover4ever PetForums VIP

Other than people and my animals and item important to me would have to be my images of my loved ones, memories and adventures i have been on.

14. babycham2002

babycham2002 PetForums VIP

Hmm this is a weird one

But there is a fake little mouse that my mum made when she was a child, just made from a square of fur and a black pin for a nose.
    I have taken this mouse with me on every important test/exam of my life, 11+, gcses a levels, driving test. It will be at Willows first show.
    It is a piece of my mums childhood and also mine and it is very special to me.

15. Shamen

Shamen Guest

my Nans hair brush with some of her hair still in it, my Grandads scarf, and my dead dog's dog tags and collars, also the videos i have of them all.

16. Sorcha

Sorcha PetForums Senior

One of them is my great grandmother's Cinderella book. It's a book with lovely pictures in it, but what makes it really special, is that she used to read it to me when I was little. There were songs and everything and when I got the book after she died, I could't find all those lovely songs and extra bits. She had made them all up to make the story more special :D
    I also have an old metal bowl my grandfather used when baking chips. He always used to bake his own fresh chips for us, even when my OH and I came by when he was ill. He got out of bed and made us chips even though he was feeling poorly :001_wub:
    I nicked it after he died :blush:, didn't want anything else of his. This made me remember him more.

17. GillyR

GillyR PetForums VIP

Mine is a suitcase, and two memory boxes.
    Suitcase, contains moms pics / memrobilia, and memory boxes contain pictures and things that belonged to my two sons.

18. lifeizsweet

lifeizsweet PetForums VIP

I have a book with handwritten notes and photos from all my friends from when i lived in norway. Most of the book is in Norwegian and no one else can read it and i think it's the sweetest thing anyone has ever made me.

Then the amazing facebook led me to reconnect with my best friend from when i lived there about 10 years after we lost touch.

#18 lifeizsweet, May 13, 2010
    Last edited: May 13, 2010
  19. archiebaby

archiebaby PetForums VIP

apart from my family it is my nans wedding ring which i wear on my right hand:)and also her fleece jacket that she was wearing the day she went into hospital which still has some of her hair on it:(

20. PoisonGirl

PoisonGirl Banned

My silver heart necklace OH got me for my birthday last year.
    A little ornament of a dog I was given, thought I had lost him along with all my other dog ornaments when we moved here. Then found him in my bedside cabinet.
    My wee st bernard dog teddy mum won out a grabby machine when we went on holiday to blackpool when I was wee, its now been relegated to the top of the wardrobe but before I met OH it came to bed with me! Lol

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice