Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Your local council

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by rona, May 27, 2010.

1. rona

rona Guest

How dog friendly is you local council and what party are they?
    My local council is excellent where dogs are concerned, even to the point of opening up conservation sites in the winter months for the use of dog walkers :thumbup:
    They have also made a whole farm park almost completely safe for dogs to be let off lead :thumbup:
    They are a conservative run council

2. Nellybelly

Nellybelly PetForums VIP

I dont live in the UK, but our local equivalent for my area is $hit. There is no single area where it is allowed to leave your dog off-lead. We unofficially use a park though, which is used by many dog owners. If we want to legally let Bella off-lead, it's at least a 25 minute drive. This is not an enclosed area, but it is a lovely area in a forest where dogs are officially allowed off lead, but this belongs to another council.

We have to pay 20 euro license every year to own a dog here, and we get nothing in return, no facilities for the dogs, nothing!!

3. JSR

JSR PetForums VIP

Mine are okay. We have a great council led identification scheme and the warden seems to have her head screwed on the right way. Most of our beaches are dog friendly all year round, only the very touristy one's are restricted and frankly you wouldn't catch me there anyway this time of year!!

We have plenty of dog waste bins, shame people don't seem to want to use them though. :rolleyes:

4. Nellybelly

Nellybelly PetForums VIP

Dogs arent officially allowed on any beach here. I think that unreasonable on a mediterrajnean island, so I take Bella ot the beach anyway ( I choose not busy times and not busy beaches).

5. rona

rona Guest

What party are they?

6. JSR

JSR PetForums VIP

ummmmm....being a non-politically minded person.....I'll just go google it!!:lol:

7. rona

rona Guest

Just thought it would be interesting if one party comes out as anti dog

8. JSR

JSR PetForums VIP

Okay no one in my office knows!! We think it's a mixture of Labour and Plaid Cymru. :lol: Just checked and their registration scheme is free too! You get a dog tag with a number on it and if the dog strays the warden will check the number. Very impressed, I'll have to register my lot.

9. babycham2002

babycham2002 PetForums VIP

Mine is conservative and pretty dog friendly I feel,
    There is one country park (shorne) that is pretty antidog but I suppose there has to be somewhere for the children owners to walk.
    Actually come to think of it thats under a diff council to me.

There are no imposed dogs on leads areas in my local parks/country parks and there is plenty of poo bins even on the normal streets

:thumbup:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice