Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Your cats nature?

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by harleigh, Jul 4, 2009.

1. harleigh

harleigh PetForums Member

Just wondered what type of nature your kittys have? I have 13 who are all different. Some are very independant and not fuss lovers at all, others like fuss but only on their terms and then there's Xander! My newest addition is very playful but when he's getting tired he wants cuddles and only from his mummy. He gets on my shoulder rubbing his nose all over my face purring and tries to cuddle right in. If I move him and get up he cries until i pick him up and take him with me. He just lies in my arms like a baby while i do what i need to one handed. Any one elses like that? I hope he doesnt grow out of it. :)

2. Midnight

Midnight PetForums VIP

I have Midnight she is like a baby you can cradle her in your arms and she loves it :D then there's Whiskers and City who's a mummy's boy and girl :D Tigger is my daughter's cat ( don't we know it ! ) Storm is only trusting to her mummy :D, Thomas is naughty with the kids :D he's always there when there's trouble ! and then there's my Baby Sweep well he is just pure naughty like a child !! ;) x

3. purrlover

purrlover PetForums Senior

my moggy stella ..is very independent , she never jumps up to sit with us :( i did think she didnt like us, but i think its just her nature, (hope so anyway)

julie

4. zebredy

zebredy PetForums Newbie

Well the four I have are only kittens so they may change over time, anyway....

Darwin is the daddy the one who is not afraid to try anything (except sitting on laps yet)

Harry Houdini is the most playful of the lot and loves having his belly rubbed while putting his paws on you, only in a fun way though.

Suzie is the most affectionate, she will meow if I stop stroking her, though if I stroke her for too long she gets board and sometimes wonders off.

Izzy is the most shy and scared of the bunch, she will play fight with the others, but often she will run off if you try and stroke her (though she is getting better)

5. cherrie_b

cherrie_b PetForums VIP

Lola is a year old and is very vocal. She meows when she wants feeding, when she wants cuddles and when she wants to go outside. This morning she has meowed none stop. She purrs alot...it's very cute. She is a little crazy and will play with anything...plastic bags are favourite at the minute! :eek:ut:

6. thedogsmother

thedogsmother PetForums VIP

Elvis - Slightly brain damaged so a bit weird really, he loves cuddles and assumes everyone is his friend and is soooo cheeky, he just wanders into any house with an open door.

Dizzy - Aka The Princess, she likes attention on her terms, and despite being the smallest adult cat I have ever seen she is still in charge with the other cats.

Syd - He is the baby, I have never known such a lovely person, he is nice to everybody and everything and will come for a cuddle whenever you call him, he always has a smile on his face.

7. lifeizsweet

lifeizsweet PetForums VIP

My cat (who lives with my mum's neighbouts now) She is one of a kind, she's very scatty, very scared of loud noises, birds, mice, people. But once she feels comfortable somewhere she doesn't stop talking!! Constantly doing this little meow of hers (don't sound like a meow more a squack) She's out doors pretty much all the time in the summer, and quite independant as in she doesn't need alot of human contact, just a bit of food now and then.

8. nanamoo

nanamoo PetForums Member

i have 2 cats and 1 kitten, midnight is the eldest and my daughters cat, he is very vocal and cuddly for her but for everybody else its on his terms only, marmalade is my cat and he loves his mummy cuddles and fuss, then there is menace the kitten, he is a daddy's boy and where my OH goes menace tries to follow

9. scosha37

scosha37 PetForums VIP

Mehsa is a well laid back girl and fantastic nature with everybody she loves nothing better than to snuggle up somewhere or play with dogs out back..:D

10. Marcia

Marcia PetForums VIP

Molly is a naughty cat, she's always doing something that she shouldn't be doing lol.
    Tilly is very laid back, she's a total diva princess and expects everyone to rush around doing things for her :D
    Holly is always full of beans and is forever chasing taco up and down the stairs :D She can't miaow either :D
    Taco is our very vocal male, he follows you around the house (even when you go to the toilet or go for a bath) and he constantly yells at you. He trys to drink out of the bathroom sink sometimes :D And he''ll sit on the edge of the bath pawing the bath water when i'm in it :lol:

11. messyhearts

messyhearts PetForums VIP

Chatty & giddy. Mine hurtles around the house & hurts people but doesn't mean to. She forgets she is not a tiny kitten but a rather large Maine Coon with claws! She always has something to chat about, too. Usually she likes to sleep on her own but will come over for a cuddle & lie on her back on your lap for a tickle. Very laid back when she's not playing with someone or the dog - usually ends up with someone in pain when she starts playing. Not phased by anything at all as she takes everything in her stride. The only thing that has ever spooked her was trying to blow dry her coat; she was okay with the bathing. Loved the vet, loved the judges at the shows, loves guests, loves the dog - loves everyone!!

12. harleigh

harleigh PetForums Member

Xander does that. He jumps up almost falls in then just sits and watches the water. The rest of mine are petrified of water! He's not even scared of the hoover and that is saying something!

13. MySugar

MySugar PetForums Senior

I'm only just learning my kitten's nature as she has only been with us for 5 days (she is 4 months old).
    To begin with she was playfull but very gentle and chilled out. NOW she is a loonatic!! She races around, attacks us, is finding her voice (which is a teeny tiny squeek, so cute! Sometimes a minute meow :)) and will sit on our laps for some attention or curl up sleep. Never for a long period though. She then moves onto the sofa and stretches out.
    She loves her tummy stroked and around her face, under her chin.
    I hope she stops attacking soon as my 6 year old is now terrified of her, oops!

14. Elise.x

Elise.x PetForums Junior

Well only had Hank just over a week so still learning his nature, but at the moment, he charges round the house mad jumping from place to place, and missing half the time (hence why hes now recovering from an injury :rolleyes:), then he comes for a cuddle on the sofa and crashes and meows and meows and meows untill you have stroked and cuddled him about 100 times lol :) then after his rest, hes back to charging round, then crashes and wants more cuddles and so it goes on and on like this all day, i hope his nature dosnt change, cause he is so loving, and defenitly a lap cat, just wish he was more carefull, think we should of named him rambo rather than Hank lol :D

15. mellowyellow

mellowyellow PetForums Member

Simba who's my big boy i call him my agraphobic cat he's a scaredy cat, but was very loving constent cuddles very much a lap cat. He's curently sulking about the kitten addition that means he's no longer an only cat:p. I've taken to calling him kevin:001_tt2: cause he acts just like a teenager at the moment he lies under the table and gives me evil looks when Nala's getting pets. still like his morning bed cuddles though the min i wake and turn onto my back he's there for a cuddle and snuggles his nose into my neck.

Nala's 5 months old she loves pets will pur sooo loud when shes getting attention and will often put her front paws on the sofa for a pet but will not sit on peple for cuddles, but i think shes going to be my little(well big as shes half BSH half tabby and a big kitten) indapendent girl i think if i could let them out she would be an outside girl. I've just started to get her accepting being lifted for very short times i've had to work on it as she would scratch and scrable:eek: every time i lifted her to move her or get her into her basket.

#15 mellowyellow, Jul 5, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2009
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice