Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Your biggest dreads

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by rona, Apr 6, 2011.

1. rona

rona Guest

#1 rona, Apr 6, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 6, 2011
  2. Greyhounds! I love them but they are the ONLY dog that my soft dog has decided that she does not like! Almost tempted to get one! maybe that would solve HER problem!

3. lozb

lozb PetForums VIP

:eek: I avoid cows, full stop - they scare me - with or without dog!

At the minute - my biggest dread is other dogs :( He gets too giddy :rolleyes:

But under 'normal' circumstances.... I dread 'bumping' into fox/horse poop.... lol....

4. LexiLou2

LexiLou2 PetForums VIP

any form of cow just because i am totally petrifed of them end up hyperventilating crying and shaking...anything else no probs...just cows.

Or an aggressive off lead un-accompanied dog, not the best.

5. PoisonGirl

PoisonGirl Banned

Mine is the malamutes down the road, and chavs.

I don't dread so much as just hope a little bit that we don't see a flat coat, a choc lab or a jrt when out with Dave because he has good friends of these breeds and ALL flatties MUST be Tess, ALL dark labs MUST be Holly and only the mostly white with long tail jrt MUST be Smudge! :rolleyes: and he will not rest until that dog is completely out of sight and earshot, or he has said hello and is unpleasantly surprised :lol:

Oh, and in the summer when I walk the dogs in the dark..... massive spiders in the middle of the pavement :scared: so big that even brave Dave wants to come into the road to avoid!!!!

6. westie~ma

westie~ma ~ In my shed ~
    Staff Member

On a walk:- Squirrels, rain, emergency vehicle sirens, fireworks.

In the car:- Motorbikes behind us in traffic ... he goes absolutely hyper :(

7. Kinjilabs

Kinjilabs PetForums VIP

Kerbs, long grass, anything edible on the ground, and a little black dog that loves to jump all over Ted:rolleyes:

8. Cleo38

Cleo38 PetForums VIP

Same as mine (except for black labs). We have loads of deer round here & before I got the dogs I would have loved to see them every evening, now I just groan & have to put the dogs back on their leads as I know that if they saw them they'd chase'em :(

9. Milliepoochie

Milliepoochie PetForums VIP

With Millie it's meeting any dog, as she has turned into a crazy loon since being spayed and on lead walks! She is normally fantastic meeting other dogs but since her spay and not having long country runs she is struggling to redirect her energy. :)

With Makita its dogs which growl at him, we have 3 or 4 in the village which growl at any other dog - mainly little terriers actually. With Millie this doesnt bother me but Makita is really unsure of these dogs which make noises at him hehe.

10. babycham2002

babycham2002 PetForums VIP

I avoid the local walk with the cattle because Im so frightened of the dogs bothering them
    So other than that, its food on the ground, fox poo, horses cantering past at 100 mile an hour, :001_smile:

11. SpringerHusky

SpringerHusky PetForums VIP

New dogs in the park, Labs even worse if it's chocolate and even worse if it's the woman with 2 of them, Staffs I do not know and some of the local ill behaved dogs.

12. mollymo

mollymo Life is Golden

I walk on on moorland most days and my dread is to see an Adder as I have done before and its becoming warmer now and they will be getting out and about and I have to keep my eyes open :blink:

13. Fuzzy_moo

Fuzzy_moo PetForums Junior

My dog doesn't like greayhounds either... I don't know why!

14. Magnus

Magnus Keeper of a crazy little red dog!

Chavs with bull terriers.
    Adders.

15. McKenzie

McKenzie PetForums VIP

What???!!!!!! :yikes: :yikes: :yikes:

That is my WORST nightmare! :cryin: :cryin: :cryin:

16. Pets_R_Me:)

Pets_R_Me:) Guest

Fox Poo - Cali LOVES it! :glare: Yet, she hates the bath that follows - if only she would learn :p

Other than that, nothing to be honest. I use whatever I come across when out on walks to either build my confidence of handling the dogs or building the dogs confidence around certain people/animals/situations.

17. Amethyst

Amethyst PetForums VIP

Staffordshire Bull Terriers which are not under control :(

18. GoldenShadow

GoldenShadow PetForums VIP

Labradors, nasty dogs, rabbits, pheasants, cats.

19. 2Hounds

2Hounds PetForums VIP

I hate discarded food but living near a school its a regular occurrence to deal with. I don't dread it as such as the troublesome dogs we've met so far tend to be just over friendly and have useless owners, but it does worry me that one day it maybe an aggressive dog. Throp's biggest dread would be fireworks, shooting party or a thunderstorm and I'm not keen on walking in fields of cows.

20. LostGirl

LostGirl PetForums VIP

Staffs mainly Coz zeb doesn't like them!

Any small furry they can chase/eat

The big black Lab that has NO dog manners at all! He is sooooooooo fat he's a lump of massive lard that tries to hump gets aggressive and is just a pain in the arse!

Fox poo/ dead animal - bear likes to roll in it!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice