Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Young male cat missing in Dartford (west hill area)

Discussion in 'Lost and Found Cats' started by embob, Jul 28, 2009.

1. embob

embob PetForums Newbie

Please help

My cat has been missing since Monday 20th July.

We think he may have ventured into the new estate on West Hill in Dartford, Kent. Our house backs onto this area.

He is a young male cat. White with black/grey tabby patches on his head, back, tail and back legs. He was wearing a yellow reflective collar with tag when went missing.

I am distraught, as is my partner. Very concerned his friendly nature may have encouraged someone to keep him, especially if he has lost his collar. Please contact us if you have seen him. 07846199235 or 07969798977.

2. Scrufox86

Scrufox86 PetForums Newbie

Hi i made a post about my grandparents 11 year old cat who went missing on the 29th May in Dartford area. He just disappeared while they took their new puppy to the vets. I have had from the start a suspicion of theft. My grandparents are near Temple Hill, i am not from Dartford but is that close to west hill?

The reason i ask is because i read up about purmuda triangles in the papers and wondered if perhaps someone was doing it in Dartford. I cannot think of any other reason why my grandparents cat would just disappear without a trace. So i was wondering if any other cats close to my grandparents had gone missing as well coz if they have it could be a case of getting the police involved and hopefully getting the cats back. I could be wrong but i just cannot stop thinking that someone has got my grandparents cat somewhere.
    I hope your cat is found soon.

3. embob

embob PetForums Newbie

Hi Scrufox,

Thankfully my cat came home after 2 weeks away from home and lots and lots of searching. I think he followed our dogs scent home after we spent many hours walking the streets calling his name and looking for him.

It is possible your theory is correct as whilst out looking for my cat I got talking to a few people who mentioned cat thieves in the area. 4 cats have gone missing with no trace from the new estate on west hill in the last 6months, since it opened. Temple Hill is on the east side but not that far away.

I know how upsetting it is, your grandparents must be distraught. You may want to try the local vets, animal shelters etc. Good luck with your search.

4. Scrufox86

Scrufox86 PetForums Newbie

My grandparents phoned their vets, the council, rspca and other animal places and left a description but none of them have phoned back and he has been missing for 2.5 months now. I know that although my grandparents are upset it is not just them, myself and 2 of my very young cousins are quite upset also. There has been no trace of him and that is what upsets me the most, i have no idea if he is alive or dead. If he died somewhere i would be able to grieve but there is no body anywhere near the area he always went roaming.

I have to ask did the people who said their cats went missing say anything about any vans or cars that were a little suspicious on the days the cats went missing? Even suspicious people asking about cats or just walking around looking at peoples houses. The day my grandparents cat disappeared they were taking thier new puppy to the vets for an injection and as they got into a taxi they saw him just on the other side of the road from thier home. I did ask if they noticed anything strange but they did not. It is possible if people went round in a van that he was taken while they were out. I just wonder if anyone else near tham has also had a cat strangely disappear without a trace.

I am glad your cat has returned home.

5. Crystal Brian

Crystal Brian PetForums Newbie

I am glad to know, you got your pet back. Let me remind you the cats have very strong memory. Once they recognise a house as home, very rare they forget.

Heartily congratulations from me...

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice