UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
I have a twelve week old rabbit and just wondered when i can throw in the old odd bog roll? Is 12 weeks too early?

thanks in advance
Hi no i dont think its too early at all! He will probably enjoy it, just make sure he doesnt actually eat too much of it, although its never caused a problem with mine or others that i know!

Got any pics?

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
shouldnt be a problem. mine love them filled with spinach and a few rice pops. they dont eat much of the cardboard tho. i sometimes leave it on the floor to roll about or i atachone to the side of the run so it swings when they try to get the goodies out, they love it. keeps em busy.

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
He should be fine...Norman has had cardboard toys since he was 9 weeks old and never had a prob. He mainly throws them about or scratches them. The only one I found him chewing was a card box that had an easter egg in.....I think he could smell the choc!

Your bunny is cute! x

·
Registered
3,705 Posts
He is stunning!!!!! Mine love throwing toilet rolls around filled with hay. I dont mean this in a mean way but your hutch looks very small?

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
yeah i think it maybe too. He wont spend long in it just night and sometime during day. Im a postman so get back early. the hutch is bigger than it looks, it isn't all in the shot. Its dark too which makes it look smaller.

·
Registered
3,705 Posts
Such a lovely looking bunny! Poor Crofty trying to advise without offending... I must admit this can quite tricky!
lol i dont want to offend anyone!!! Ive made plenty of mistakes in my time having buns we're always learning! :D

I know the sleeping area is in the dark out of the pic but it doesnt look bigger than 3ft long? Just that your bun will grow out of it, when he's fully grown he should be able to stand up and stretch out fully. RSPCA recommends 6ft hutchs, if your keeping him on his own and he's out most of the time then 5ft would be ok or a big dog crate or something like kelly did with those nic cubes, they're fab! Once he neutered you could get him a girlfriend ;) he's too handsome not to have one!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.