UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
6,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Indie wouldn't eat her beef mince last night so I added some pulped veg that she loves, she ate about three mouthfuls and walked off so I covered it and put it in the fridge. This morning she did the same so I sprinkled a little grated cheese on top, another half hearted mouthful and that was it, back in the fridge it went.
Lunchtime (she is still on three meals) I gave her the same food, no luck, mixed some cottage cheese in and added a bit of fresh mince and she still on ly sniffed it :(
Poor, starving puppy...I sat on the floor and fed her with a spoon :eek: I only had to lift the food about a cm away from the bowl and she happily ate it but would not do it herself!! She quite happily polished off the whole lot.
All the time I was sitting there I kept saying to myself this should not be happening :blushing:, talk about making a rod for my own back Indie will probably want silver service and hampers from Harrods next :D

·
Registered
10,738 Posts
Cripes the things we do for our dogs :)

Could it be soemthing about the bowl? I changed dish washing liquid once and the lady of the house turned up nose I click that was the problem and went and got some of the old one.

·
Registered
6,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've not changed anything that I can think of. I just can't believe I did it, I must be going soft as the years go by.
When I start a thread 'my dog is a fussy eater, please help' in the future I reckon I'll be laughed off PF :D:D

·
Registered
3,019 Posts
haha, this made me laugh! mainly because i've done the same... never with wet food but i've had to sit on the floor next to the bowl and hand feed tia kibble before when she's not fancied eating it, perfectly happy to be fed, though! fortunately she grew out of that and is just hungry all the time now :)

·
Registered
3,019 Posts
I am very pleasantly surprised that I haven't been told how bad I was to do it.....YET :D
i haven't been here long but it doesn't seem like the kind of place where there's people who are going to come and say that your dog is dominating you and will now defo attack you cos you let your dog get their own way :)
unless there's another actual valid reason for not doing it.... in which case i'll shut up!

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
I am very pleasantly surprised that I haven't been told how bad I was to do it.....YET :D
You are very bad for doing this & making a rod for your own back:D:D

Tilly refuses to eat her dinner unless she can see a chicken wing for pudding, whose fault? Mine! I try to trick her with a carrot instead, but she no stoopid;)
Now I give her 15 minutes & then the dinner goes in the bin if she hasn't eaten it. I'm throwing lots of kibble away & now thinking of going completely raw rather than part raw.

·
Registered
10,125 Posts
Brilliant! She knew wht she wanted ;)

This morning hubby stole some sausage from the hot breakfast buffet for Millie :eek: took it up to the room andwould the git touch it - No :eek: Went out for 5 hours came home - Would she touch it? No :eek:

Hubby broke it up into small bite size pieces- Scoffed down immediately :rolleyes: Spoilt bugger :rolleyes:

·
Registered
6,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Brilliant! She knew wht she wanted ;)

This morning hubby stole some sausage from the hot breakfast buffet for Millie :eek: took it up to the room andwould the git touch it - No :eek: Went out for 5 hours came home - Would she touch it? No :eek:

Hubby broke it up into small bite size pieces- Scoffed down immediately :rolleyes: Spoilt bugger :rolleyes:
:lol: I think that's even worse!

Lol, don't come crying to us if you have to hand feed her every meal for the rest of her life :p
Good news, she managed to eat her dinner all by herself. Phew, got away with it :D

·
Registered
2,349 Posts
I've done it :eek: When Alfie was a few months old he wouldn't eat so I gave him the best cooked ham :blushing: for 2 weeks :blushing: we took him to the vet as he wouldn't eat anything else and the vet said would you eat anything else if someone was hand feeding you best cooked ham :eek: :eek:

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
Jenny is a fussy beggar! When we first moved back she refused to eat for days, it wasn't until our air shipment arrived and her bowl appeared and she happily ate everything :rolleyes: Now she quite happily eats out of any bowl so not sure what her problem was!

Actually, since being in the UK she seems to quite happily eat most things now which is really odd.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.