Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

You will not BELIEVE this link...honestly...I am gobsmacked

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by classixuk, May 11, 2010.

1. classixuk

classixuk PetForums VIP

Had a sleepless night last night and ended up internet surfing (as you do).

I found the most amazing website. Only go there if you have a couple of hours to spare though...you will probably want to stay there for at least that long!

The site is based around a collection of people spread across the UK who do the strangest thing...they get up out of their beds in the middle of the night, dress in warm gear, grab expensive photographic equipment and go to "forbidden places".

Places you never even knew existed in your city. Old air-raid shelters, long forgotten cinemas and ballrooms, ancient crumbing asylums, nightclubs where the dancing stopped many moons ago. And they take photographs of their adventures.

Or should I say, breathtakingly beautiful photographs of their adventures!

I am hooked!

Here's the link to the website:

UK Urban Exploration Forums

I thought it might be interesting if you can find a place you know that they have explored and post a link to it.

Here's one from my neck of the woods:

Royal Insurance Building, Liverpool

[​IMG]

Archived Report - Royal Insurance Building-Liverpool-28/9/07 - UK Urban Exploration Forums

Isn't it astounding that these guys not only get access to these places, but they all take such amazing photographs?

What will you find?

2. Clare7435

Clare7435 PetForums VIP

WOW...what a great site....some of the pics are bloody fantastic....I'm IMpressed
    Clare xx

3. classixuk

classixuk PetForums VIP

I'm still Gobsmacked!

I've just been reading one where they climbed to the top of one of the cranes in Liverpool at night and took pictures! You wouldn't even catch me going up a ladder, nevermind a crane.

In another thread there they went down an old abandoned railway tunnel - stopping only when they smelled sulphuric gas in the air!

What a hobby!!!

:eek6:

4. Clare7435

Clare7435 PetForums VIP

I Love my camera but have never taken it to even half this extent...would be great to do so though....just not if it was dangerous because I'm a wuss lol.
    I'm on the hospitals and mental asylums at the mo, some of those are fantastic....

5. classixuk

classixuk PetForums VIP

Do you know what? I've just been looking at a few more "adventures" on there, and I think I know why it appeals to me so much.

I'm not sure what girls do when they're aged 9 or 10, but us lads generally went exploring.

I think these pictures bring about a feeling of nostalgia from my childhood - a feeling that I'm somewhere I shouldn't be for the very first time, in awe of it all. Like it's a secret thing between me and my friends that we'll never tell anyone about when we get back to school!

LOL

6. classixuk

classixuk PetForums VIP

Tell me about it.

Not only are they in these places, but they're still calm enough to spot a good photo, stop, compose it, alter the camera settings and grab the shot!

Talented or what?

:001_cool:

7. Clare7435

Clare7435 PetForums VIP

HA...snap...I was a boy I'm sure of it, maybe because I had brothers but we could make something sinister and strange out of just about anyting....think it's something so many kids of today haven't got...Imagination....I still love taking photos of thinks like that now....I have some really....what my kids call boring photo disks of things I've taken over the years :)

8. Clare7435

Clare7435 PetForums VIP

Some of those places don't look safe enough to breath on let alone walk on....another thing we get as we get older.....moe safety concious....some of the people on that forum are teens....they do anything at that age....although I have to say I am tempted lol
    WOW some of the theatres and cinema pics are amazing.....god I'm hooked....got to go get the kids up for school and I want to sit here looking at picis lol

#8 Clare7435, May 11, 2010
    Last edited: May 11, 2010
  9. classixuk

classixuk PetForums VIP

10. Zayna

Zayna PetForums VIP

wow!!!

This is incredible.... The old asluyms are facinating but so freaky at the same time. Ive been to Runwell on several occasions as I work for the Mental heath trust and they used to hold all the training there. Its very eerie. In some of the corridors you can see scratch marks all up the walls and doors from previous patients and apparently some rooms have all the old equipment still in them... I have never had the guts to go off exploring though!

11. LostGirl

LostGirl PetForums VIP

wow they are amazing The hopsitals and asylums are brilliant i love the eerie factor they have with the chairs e.t.c

12. vickie1985

vickie1985 PetForums VIP

OH WOW!! i wish i knew someone that was into all this stuff, i would be right there with them!!

just gotta make sure you dont get prosacuted for been on privart land lol

13. vickie1985

vickie1985 PetForums VIP

ive seen the outside of the lincoln looney bin

there is a more recent one near where i live, they often go out for the day, a lot of them on their own actually, and get their sweets from the shop around the corner.

14. nic101

nic101 PetForums VIP

flipping heck - nice pics!!!! :D

woludnt catch me doing that though - i thought i was mad travelling hours just snapping parts of the uk but i actually feel normal now :lol:

15. LostGirl

LostGirl PetForums VIP

I'd love to go in one just to freak myself out to many horror stories ive watched about asylums so my brain would be going into over drive lol

Yeah we have one up the road, recently they let one of their suicide watch ladies out as she told them she didnt want to kill herself that day put alone and she sat on the tamar bridge for 6hours or so threathening to kill her self.

16. dobermum

dobermum PetForums Senior

Hi! I've clicked on this and saved it in faves for the hubster to look at. I must say, I'd be brickin' it to go into somea these places incase a wee spookster gave me a big fright. My hubster worked in an old NHS hospital where he often 'sensed' things in old wards or 'closed' parts of the hospital where many sightings of things are witnessed, and what if they went somewhere like the old hotel like 'The Shining??' :scared::scared::scared:

Nope - I'll just stay jimjammed up at the house thanks v. much! lol:D

Some amazing pix tho. Brave people!

17. Valanita

Valanita PetForums VIP

I have put the link in my favs too, so I can look at all those wonderful old buildings another time. What a marvelous idea to film them for posterity, before they get knocked down or changed beyond recognition. It must be a fun thing to do. Brilliant! Whoever thought of doing it, in the first place. I could & probably will, spend hours just looking at the threads.

18. catz4m8z

catz4m8z PetForums VIP

me too! i used to love exploring as a kid. often used to walk the dog round an abandoned railway station and old victorian swimming baths. plus had a couple of old mental asylms locally that were quite fun too!:thumbup:
    now im older and grumpy and i reckon alot of those places you'd have to be daft to go in, too dangerous.
    having just watched silent hill last night those photo's looked esp creepy.:rolleyes:

least I dont have to wondered what old, falling apart hospitals look like coz i work in one!!LOL:D

19. jo1234

jo1234 PetForums Member

Wow! Amazing. For some reason I couldn't stop looking at the mortuarys and hospitals- a sort of morbid fascination I think! Really creepy!
    Also, the old, Victorian swimming baths were fab!
    Great find!:thumbup:

20. Emma Kuma

Emma Kuma PetForums Member

This amazing hobby is also known as 'Urbexing' my ex partner used to do it all the time, venturing to places such as an old polish camp,old school buildings & even the millenium nightclub here in plymouth.

Its amazing what you find in these places and soooo eerie, yet we all find ourselves so curious to see more & think of the goings on when these places were open.

Great website find tho, wasted hours on there :)

xx

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice