UK Pet Forums Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Toby was my three year old tabby cat and he died after being run over. I'm still upset after 2 months.:sad:
Danielle.

·
Registered
594 Posts
Two months isn't that long you know, not if you've been keeping feelings bottled inside too. You will feel better in time, I promise, it may not seem like it, but gradually you will feel better.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I agree - two months isn't too long but it will get easier. These things just take time :)

·
Registered
827 Posts
Hi Danielle,

Thank you for the message on my profile - yes I would love to hear a funny story about Toby please. Have put my reply on here so that we can all share in the story.

Hope that's ok with you :)

Wld love to hear any stories about Toby - funny, naughty, sad etc. Bet he was a character!!?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I got Toby of a friend of mine who had a cat. Her cat had four kittens. She said I could have one and I chose Toby. My friend told me he was a girl so I called her Cara. I took her to the vets for his injections and everything and asked the vet to check what sex she was and she was a he, a male. I had to think of another male name so I picked Toby. I told the vet his new name was Toby. How many cats do you know that like going in water? Well Toby loved it. My birthday on Monday. Going to be 23.
Danielle.

·
Registered
3,313 Posts
It's very sad when you lose a pet. I can still remember my first cat Mitsy. She dissapeared one day and never came home.

I remember looking out my bedroom window when I was young, almost willing her to come back.

She never did some back, which was very sad but now when I think of her I think of her with fond memories. She was a lovely cat just like your Toby. :)

Do you think you will get another cat? Or do you not feel ready yet ?

Have a good birthday.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Remember the good times you shared with Toby.

Toby loved those times with you too and you meant the world to him.

It is ok to cry. Sadness/anguish is the other side of love/happiness.

I know you are not going to forget him, but I can promise you that in time, the pain will get more and more bearable.

Warmest regards

Shanlung

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
not many cats like water so Toby must have been a very special cat indeed :)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
:( It's only natural to be upset. It may be 'just a pet' but I'm sure Toby was a part of your family
Toby was a part of my family for sure. The family chain has broke now and Idon't have many pets left, but if the fish want they can be part of the family. They are my babies and I raised them to be good. I'll never forget Toby though. I remember every pet I lose. I had my first cat put down because she was run over and we couldn't save her and the second cat died of cat flu and now Toby was run over and probably died instantly. I hate who ever ran him over and killed him.
Danielle.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Toby was a part of my family for sure. The family chain has broke now and Idon't have many pets left, but if the fish want they can be part of the family. They are my babies and I raised them to be good. I'll never forget Toby though. I remember every pet I lose. I had my first cat put down because she was run over and we couldn't save her and the second cat died of cat flu and now Toby was run over and probably died instantly. I hate who ever ran him over and killed him.
Danielle.
I'm sure it was an accident!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It's very sad when you lose a pet. I can still remember my first cat Mitsy. She dissapeared one day and never came home.

I remember looking out my bedroom window when I was young, almost willing her to come back.

She never did some back, which was very sad but now when I think of her I think of her with fond memories. She was a lovely cat just like your Toby. :)

Do you think you will get another cat? Or do you not feel ready yet ?

Have a good birthday.
Thank you. I will try and have a good birthday. I think eventually I will get another cat when I get my own house but I just don't feel ready yet. I can't even look at another cat without crying.
Danielle.

·
Registered
93 Posts
You very kindly wrote to me the other day after I lost my cat, Millie.

I found your thread about Toby. I know your pain. Toby sounded a great cat, you loved him very much and gave him a good life.

I lost my Siamese cat, Cleo, 11 years ago under the wheels of my own car, like Toby not a mark on her. I suffered for months and months after that happening.

Since then four more cats have lived with us and we have lost 3 of them, but I can still cry over Cleo even after all this time.

You sound a very caring person and I hope you too begin to feel better soon.

Liz x

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
You very kindly wrote to me the other day after I lost my cat, Millie.

I found your thread about Toby. I know your pain. Toby sounded a great cat, you loved him very much and gave him a good life.

I lost my Siamese cat, Cleo, 11 years ago under the wheels of my own car, like Toby not a mark on her. I suffered for months and months after that happening.

Since then four more cats have lived with us and we have lost 3 of them, but I can still cry over Cleo even after all this time.

You sound a very caring person and I hope you too begin to feel better soon.

Liz x
I wrote to you because I want to help you with the loss of Millie in any way I can. Do you want to hear all about Toby? I'll tell you in my new thread, the one you found. Was it called My cat Toby? If it was then that's the correct thread. He was a great cat and I did love him. I am a caring person.
Danielle. Do I sound a bit disturbed? If I do there is a very good reason why I am disturbed and upset. Something happened to me on another forum.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hi Danielle, very sorry to hear of your loss. When we lost Howie last year it hit us pretty hard (he was 17yo) ... we found that remembering some of the special times when he'd done something silly/funny/cute/loving helped a bit to fight the sad times.
Toby was a nutter. I loved him. Something happened to me on another forum, a bad something so sorry if I sound a bit disturbed and upset. It was on this site. I've tried that but it doesn't seem to be working.
Danielle.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Toby was a nutter. I loved him. Something happened to me on another forum, a bad something so sorry if I sound a bit disturbed and upset. It was on this site. I've tried that but it doesn't seem to be working.
Danielle.
Obviously some comment(s) on another thread have upset you, but the thread on Toby is yours alone. When you say "it doesn't seem to be working" do you mean you won't post up again? You meet all walks of life here on this forum, as you do anywhere and there are people out there whom you cannot identify with.

Yes, you loved your Toby and I bet he loved you. Don't give up on the site.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I will post again on this site. I'm not giving up on the site, I don't believe in giving up. What I mean is I'm having trouble getting over Toby's death. I'm here to stay.
Danielle.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I understand. Some people just don't seem to realise that there are people who are much more sensitive and take things to heart than they do. I am glad that you are going to continue being here. In fact, I think I will follow your example.

The best thing you can do regarding remembering Toby is just that. Remember all the times you have had with him (good and bad) and that will keep him alive.:)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Your going to follow my example? What do you mean. You've lost me there. I prefer to try to remember the good times I had with Toby.
Danielle.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.