UK Pet Forums Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just thought an article i've just read might interest any current or thinking of becoming a veggie members

this months Women's Running has a good article on what vits/mins you need and what to find it it. only a page long but still very helpful.

bloody good mag for all you lot who don't think you can run.. i can't run.. i plod and look like i'm speedwalking and get some right funny looks off very fit blokes for my obscure 'running' style.. but hey that's better than being ignored right? ;)

although very geared to getting readers to sign up for races, which just isn't what running is about for me, it's got some very good hints, tips, motivation and recipes etc in .

would also like to plug the fact there is a photo of my cousin, pippa wilson in there too lol.. Sarah Aytons interview.

and no i don't work for the mag lol.

·
Registered
5,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i think it's one of the best women's mags around, it doesn't mention kids (as far as i've noticed) and isn't at all 'girly', which i HATE. yes i'm a girl but doesn't mean i want to know about **** for kids of any age or wear PINK, or be talked to like i'm a complete imbicile and know nothing about health issues. this mag does none of that and it's british, which makes a refreshing change to reading the usually far superior yank womens mags.

i used to only run on the treadmill cos i couldn't sort my breathing out when running outside.. too many things to think about (trip hazards), but now i can't afford the gym i've got no choice, and i'm attempting to get back into shape for basketball season.. which isn't far off! and i need to be able to run.. which i can't! and get my knees up to the effort, which they're not. this mag is great for tips on how to get used to running outside, avoid injury etc.

it also mentions other sports aswell to show how to complement your running fitness, i think they had pole dancing in last issue :D I'm using running as a complement to my favoured sports so it's quite interesting when they add them in.

i don't mind the dodgy looks tbh, people have always found me unusual so i dont gie a crap what they think, as long as there's eye-candy around to keep me 'focussed', don't care how they look back at me ;)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.