UK Pet Forums Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
to look for a new job when the thought of going in and who might be working with you, fills you with dread :(

all this over the chef being an arse. he's crude, rude, if he doesnt fancy you will talk to you like crap. he's meant to be temp. we had 'management consultants' come on last year on the owners orders and they've turned the whole place on its head, the idea was to make more money, instead they've pissed of the staff, upset and driven away customers due to changes.

anway i had a barny with the 'chef' tuesday night, i had yesterday off and am back in today. i havent seen the manager herself (not these idiot consultants) since sunday, i'm going in to see her today and i have a horrid feeling things have been twisted and i'm gonna get it in the neck :prrr:

best start dropping my cv in places i think, just had enough. :( shame really as i love my job and been there 3 years :(

·
Registered
23,934 Posts
Hey, stick up for yourself and don't take any carp girl!!!

If you love your job, fight for it.

But if your place of work has lost ALL joy for you then take this as the sign that the time has come to move on.

Good luck.

·
Registered
14,997 Posts
Can only second what MB has said - dont take no crap and stick up for yourself ! but if it makes you feel like that then dont stay and be unhappy - we spend too much of our time at work to be unhappy xx;)

·
Vassal to Lilly and Ludo
33,764 Posts
Stick up for youself and if he is rude and abusive don't be afraid to make a complaint, keep a diary of the things he says and in what context and stand your ground.

Although if you really feel the company is not for you anymore move on - just don't let this one individual push you out.

I hope all goes as well as possible at work for you this week.

·
Registered
6,838 Posts
He sounds like a bully, bully's should not be allowed to get away with it. My last boss was a right manipulative cow, firstly she bullied my other colleague so that she left, so then she ended up with the full time position, she changed my hours when I was on maternity leave and made my life hell when I went back because I complained to personnel about it.

Although she was full - time she'd take 3 hour lunch breaks and go into town or something, you never knew when she was going to come back.

Personnel knew and did nothing. Oh and the hours of opening were changed and I did less hours, informed her that my wages hadn't changed. 18 months later I got hauled into personnel and practically accused of being a thief, she denied all knowledge that I told her.

I was so glad to be made redundant last year. She's on her own now so she can't wander off as much.

I'd report him and get something done about him.

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks everyone. since i've calmed down after posting and spoke to the manager this morning she too agreed i should make a formal complaint. i still love my job its just going in when this idiot is there.
i feel a bit of a plank too coz its not like me to crack and let things upset me like that so now im annoyed and i will get this sod out *game face on* :lol: thank you :)

·
Registered
4,611 Posts
thanks everyone. since i've calmed down after posting and spoke to the manager this morning she too agreed i should make a formal complaint. i still love my job its just going in when this idiot is there.
i feel a bit of a plank too coz its not like me to crack and let things upset me like that so now im annoyed and i will get this sod out *game face on* :lol: thank you :)
Keep a diary and notes of who witnessed his outbursts and the content of them. It will be an audit trail for any investigations and cover your own back.

·
Registered
10,846 Posts
to look for a new job when the thought of going in and who might be working with you, fills you with dread :(

all this over the chef being an arse. he's crude, rude, if he doesnt fancy you will talk to you like crap. he's meant to be temp. we had 'management consultants' come on last year on the owners orders and they've turned the whole place on its head, the idea was to make more money, instead they've pissed of the staff, upset and driven away customers due to changes.

anway i had a barny with the 'chef' tuesday night, i had yesterday off and am back in today. i havent seen the manager herself (not these idiot consultants) since sunday, i'm going in to see her today and i have a horrid feeling things have been twisted and i'm gonna get it in the neck :prrr:

best start dropping my cv in places i think, just had enough. :( shame really as i love my job and been there 3 years :(
Sounds exactly the same as where I work! If you really aren't happy, do something about it rather than leave!

·
Registered
10,506 Posts
I completely understand after being a waitress for 9 years :eek:

We had one chef, he was okish with me but was a complete d**k . I never took any crap off any chef in all those years and they know better than to try it with me ;) But he could sway the whole mood of the kitchen and even how the other chefs would act (always 4 chefs on). It was only after he left that you could tell how much affect he had on everyone :mad: It was a much more pleasant place to work !

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.