Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Yorkshire Game Fair

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Tigerneko, May 21, 2010.

1. Tigerneko

Tigerneko PetForums VIP

Anyone else going?

Its at Harewood House near Leeds on the 30th & 31st of May (sunday & monday)

there's gundog displays, terrier shows, fun dog shows (me & the OH will be taking one of my dogs & his sisters Yorkie to enter!), Polo, Sheepdog displays... all sorts of stuff :)

Haven't been to anything like this for ages so it will be lovely to go!

Entry is £10 per adult which I think is a bit steep but if you book in advance on their website it's £8 each.

Would be nice to see some other forumers there :D

2. haeveymolly

haeveymolly PetForums VIP

We went last year, we took the caravan on the friday night and stayed untill monday it was a great weekend, hope you enjoy it.

3. Tigerneko

Tigerneko PetForums VIP

ooh lovely! I saw something about camping on there but we'll just be going for the one day lol is it big?

4. alaun

alaun PetForums VIP

I think we might be going.

5. borderer

borderer Guest

yes i am going:thumbup:

6. alaun

alaun PetForums VIP

Stupid question, but I've never been to a game fair before - can I take my dogs with me?

7. Tigerneko

Tigerneko PetForums VIP

wooo lovely, will either of you be taking your dogs?

I'll probably have a little blind ginger terrier and a Yorkie!

not sure if it will all be a bit much for the blind one though, she's quite a nervous girl

8. Tigerneko

Tigerneko PetForums VIP

I think so! there are 'fun dog shows' that anyone can enter - the 'waggiest tail' and 'best rescue' kinda things so i'm assuming you can just bring them along.... we are whether you can or not lol

9. alaun

alaun PetForums VIP

If we can just turn up with dogs then yep. Not sure who I'll have though. It would be good for the pups but one will just be out of her season so it's a no for her. Might be a wolfy and a pup, or mum and pup. We'll see on the day.

10. haeveymolly

Yes it is big, the displays are good, cant remember the name of the working lab trainer but that was brilliant to watch with us staying there we saw him early just outside the actual fair but on the grounds where we were staying exercising them before taking them into the show, the control he has on about 5 labs at once was amazing to see, dont know if you like falconry ime not too keen but the displays they put on are good, the fun dog competitions are great as well.

11. Tigerneko

Tigerneko PetForums VIP

bring one of each, then i'll probably be able to spot you lol

knowing me i'd probably be too shy to say hello though, I recognised a few people at Crufts and didn't dare say hello :eek:

12. borderer

borderer Guest

yes i will be taking max my mastif :thumbup:

13. Tigerneko

Tigerneko PetForums VIP

hooray :)

I love these country show type things, my college put one on a couple of weeks back and I couldn't go cos I was working, glad this one is on a bank holiday monday for a change, they're always usually saturday & sunday so I miss it all cos of my bloomin weekend job :rolleyes:

14. haeveymolly

Its a good idea to take food we was ok with having the caravan at the show but the que's were enormous for food, it was very busy, it was a weekend with weather as it is now.

15. borderer

borderer Guest

yes i allways take food for me and the dog:thumbup:

16. haeveymolly

Hope you all enjoy you should do, its making me want to go again now, it was very expensive to camp though. OH and just to add though start going to the toilet way before you are desperate because they were busy as well, unless you will be taking your potty as well bord

17. Inca's Mum

Inca's Mum PetForums VIP

We would but Northumberland County Show is on 31st May and we ALWAYS go. It's fantastic, and just...yeah :laugh:

18. Sleeping_Lion

Sleeping_Lion Banned

Nope, I'm doing Dumcombe Park Country Fair on 31 May, near Helmsley, should be a good day out, but my feet are always killing me by the end of these things!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice