Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Yodel... again!

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by catgeoffrey, Sep 26, 2013.

1. catgeoffrey

catgeoffrey PetForums VIP

Why is it that when you do a Zooplus order and Yodel give you a tracking code that three days later it still says "waiting"...?! Grrrr!

2. maisiecat

maisiecat PetForums VIP

Oh dear, do they take a really long time? I have just clicked the Yodel box on my order, I usually choose ParcelForce but thought I would give it a try.

Am expecting to find a box of cat litter thrown over the fence next week TBH if they arrive with it when the office is closed.

I once bought something from their returns people on Ebay and I think it came via Yodel, it was a huge package, delivered by a girl who struggled up the steps with it - 2 big pet crates and I mean BIG as in long, the box was bent and bashed and torn and one of the bases was cracked on a corner.

Thought I would be safe with litter though, will see.

3. Mum to Missy

Mum to Missy PetForums VIP

I've only used Yodel from Zooplus twice and both times the parcel arrived on the day it updated on their system tracker. The first was a very heavy parcel and the man was very good and put it inside for me, the second he (differnt man) didn't offer to but it was a lighter parcel :)

Each time it only 3 or 4 days for delivery :)

4. havoc

havoc PetForums VIP

My Yodel deliveries are always so fast that there's no chance of using the tracking thing. Three days from order maximum.

5. CharlieChaplin

CharlieChaplin PetForums VIP

:lol: :lol:

That made me chuckle!

I was sick an tired of Yodel sending poor quality packaging - tho I don't know if it is more yodel or zooplus making the dents. They once managed to staple through a box of my food :rolleyes:

Parcel force round my area have been good..... so far. Did order this weekend it came yesterday. Guy even offered to bring it into my home as it was heavy, bless him.

This package from PF was only one I have had problems with - but I haven't complained - slight dent to a grau tin (why do they insist on packing it freely and not in a box) and one of my treat tins was slightly dented. No biggie.

6. alixtaylor

alixtaylor PetForums VIP

It's still in Germany, that'll be why. It does say on the email (or the confirmation page, can't remember which...) that you need to wait 2-3 working days before you can track the parcel.

7. MoggyBaby

MoggyBaby PetForums VIP

The OP has stated it's been 3 days since her order was placed so she should be able to see the tracking info by now.

I have to say that I've never been brave enough to try Yodel. Everytime I nearly do, I bottle it at the last moment. There just seems to be too many horror stories about them. :eek:

ETA: I think I'll be sticking to Parcelforce. The order I placed at 11.30am on Tuesday has arrived this afternoon at 1.50pm!! :thumbup:

#7 MoggyBaby, Sep 26, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2013
  8. catgeoffrey

Yep just checked... I ordered on Monday and the tracking still says "waiting"... useless!

9. alixtaylor

alixtaylor PetForums VIP

2-3 working days in Yodel time means about 4-5 days real time...It's definitely worth the extra 50p for Parcel Force!

10. almost40

almost40 PetForums Member

Hate yodel with a passion. They always send an email saying they'll deliver on such a day and they always deliver on a different day. They usually manage to dent the box or lose the paperwork or something. Goodness knows how they keep their business going.

11. havoc

havoc PetForums VIP

What paperwork? I never get any paperwork. They give me my order and I sign one of those electronic thingies just as with any other delivery company. I order my cat litter through Zooplus nowadays and they pack two 14kg bags per box. My Yodel guy has never been anything but incredibly helpful carrying them all the way in for me. Either I'm very lucky or others are very unlucky.

12. CharlieChaplin

CharlieChaplin PetForums VIP

I think DPD are the best. You get an email the night prior to the delivery - then on the day of the delivery you get an hour time slot when it will be delivered. Wish zooplus could use DPD!

13. sarahecp

sarahecp Crazy Cat Lady of Bucks

There have only been 2 occasions that my ZooPlus order has been delivered by Yodel, my fault because I forgot to select ParcelForce :rolleyes: the items were damaged, pouches split and cans dented and took 5 days :mad:

I now always make sure I select the PF option, delivery is no longer than 3 days, the PF delivery driver is a lovely man :) always asked if I want it put in my car, deliveries come to work. So many people I know have issues with Yodel :(

DPD get a massive :thumbup: from me, you get email and text alerts (if you provide your mobile number) excellent service :D

14. OrientalSlave

OrientalSlave Shunra Oriental Cats

I know that for Yodel the delivery charges go up for people in 'the Highlands'. Now if I take a parcel to the Post Office, it doesn't. Does anyone know if this is the case if people select ParcelForce delivery when checking out of Zooplus? I'm not in one of those areas but one of the people buying a kitten from me is.

15. havoc

havoc PetForums VIP

I now waste hours on their real time tracking on Google maps, can't resist :)

16. catgeoffrey

I've just checked and it's finally at Hatfield & should be delivered tomorrow... I won't hold my breath!

17. maisiecat

maisiecat PetForums VIP

I just remembered, I think I had a cat food order from Amazon that was sent with Yodel, having looked at the website, it looks familiar.

They tried to deliver it around 7.00 in the evening - to an office address :rolleyes: and I ended up having to phone Amazon to sort it out.

Wish I had paid the 50p now, it is easier than the phone calls trying to re-arrange it when I am not at the delivery address and they won't speak to anyone that is.

18. Lilylass

Lilylass PetForums VIP

Yodel here are fab - I really can't fault them - apparently there are different divisions around the country

I ordered stuff Mon night (just before I went to bed) & it was delivered today:D

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice