Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Yla update :)

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by sharloid, Aug 24, 2013.

1. sharloid

sharloid PetForums VIP

We've had Yla for 2 and a half weeks now and she's doing great. Kindra plays really well with her for the most part and lays on her back so Yla can climb all over her and eat her face. Yla really seems to really like her and follows her everywhere. Broder is being a bit more reserved (which we're surprised at cause he's so playful usually) but I think as she gets bigger and can play more his style with her then he'll love her too. She's more like Broder in attitude than Kindra so there might be some problems in the future if she's as stubborn and won't back down but we'll have to see.

She's sleeping well through the night, still having a few accidents indoors but it's usually our fault as it's right next to the door. The main problem we're having is with feeding as she might have a lick of her food (raw) and then won't bother with it. She's a couple of meals behind.

I'm looking forward to walking with her. The first time she's allowed out will be when we're at a husky camp with 80+ dogs so that will be interesting.

Anyway, here are some pictures! As usual they are garden pictures. Sadly I doubt on-lead walks are very exciting to look at.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    I'm the first to admit that Kindra wasn't the cutest of puppies... but I think she's grown into a stunning lady. :001_wub:

:D

2. Owned By A Yellow Lab

Owned By A Yellow Lab PetForums VIP

Your dogs are stunning.

As for your newest addition - such a cute, earnest little face :D And those eyes - really looks like there is someone in there, if that makes sense??

3. sharloid

sharloid PetForums VIP

Absolutely, she's got no qualms about barking and lunging at their faces if they accidently knock her over or something. And her puppy recall only lasted the first few hours. She likes to run away from us. :eek:

4. sharloid

sharloid PetForums VIP

Can anyone advise about the pup not really eating? If one of the others doesn't eat something we'll just take it up and offer it again until they eat it. Is it safe to do this with a little one?

5. JessIncaFCR

JessIncaFCR PetForums VIP

Oh my! She's just so scrummy :001_wub: :D Looks like a cheeky little girl - bet she'll keep you on your toes ;)

As for feeding, Inca hated the food she was on to begin with and wouldn't eat it. We tried everything, but she would pick up a kibble, walk off and crunch it in the lounge, then not bother. Try taking it up a couple of times - that's what we did, but it didn't work for us - she really hated the food. Have you tried adding something irresistible to it to see whether she'll take it then? Is it possible that she doesn't like the food?

6. BessieDog

BessieDog PetForums VIP

Beautiful dogs - and such a cute pup!

I'm afraid my view is that you need to keep a puppy eating. You can try the tough love approach for a couple of days, but if nothing's going in then you need to find something she likes. Was she on raw with the breeder? Is it worth talking to the breeder to see what exactly she was eating there?

7. sharloid

sharloid PetForums VIP

She was on Barking Heads puppy at the breeders. The first couple of times she had raw here she ate it fine. Then she'd just eat half... and now she's not eating any. We've tried adding smelly fish powder, salmon oil, tripe mince but to no avail. She's a stubborn little git! :p

8. BessieDog

BessieDog PetForums VIP

I'd be tempted to put her back onto the breeder's food - at least for one meal a day so you know she's getting something inside her. The normal advice is to keep same food as breeder for the first couple of weeks, and then gradually introduce new food.

At her young age I think its more important she eats, than what she eats.

Bess is small for her age which must be down to the fact she's never eaten well.

9. Nicky10

Nicky10 PetForums VIP

They're all stunning but there really is something about Yla's eyes.

Maybe try putting her back on the food you know she'll eat and introduce raw slowly.

10. sharloid

sharloid PetForums VIP

She won't really eat the kibble she was on at the breeders either. She's just had a little meal of some kibble mixed with some Rinti wet, at least that's something. :eek:

11. BessieDog

BessieDog PetForums VIP

That's good! I sympathise - its such a worry, isn't it?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice