Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Yikes we have our Ofsted Inspection on Thursday & Friday. Rather nervous.

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by willa, Jun 7, 2010.

1. willa

willa PetForums VIP

I work in a Nursery School & today got a call to say Ofsted are coming to inspect us on Thursday & Friday.

Last time we got 'Outstanding' so hopefully we'll also be OK this time

We weren't expecting the inspection till September!, so we only got 2 days to get everything sorted :scared:

Wish us luck. i'm feeling rather nervous lol, HATE having people sat watching my every movement with a clipboard ! lol

2. lizzyboo

lizzyboo PetForums VIP

good luck xxxxxxx

we are due to be inspected in the near future x

hope everything goes well for you x

3. Inca's Mum

Inca's Mum PetForums VIP

Best of luck! I love it when Ofsted come to my school, it's sooooooo funny because the mood is totally different for those few days compared to the rest of the time :laugh:

4. lizzyboo

lizzyboo PetForums VIP

if its anything like the schools ive worked in.. the teachers and senior management will be stressed up to the eyeballs.. but you will get lessons like you have never had before :lol::lol: in some ways thats why i dont agree with there being any warning.. too much time to prepare, even 2 days!

mind you having said that.... i would love to be an ofstead inspector.

5. willa

willa PetForums VIP

That's exactly what it's like at the Nursery School. The atmosphere is SO tense, & the Headteacher spent all day snapping at all of us :rolleyes:

I'm sure for our last inspection we knew weeks & weeks in advance :confused:

6. MissShelley

MissShelley PetForums VIP

You'll be fine, not sure why you have to prepare, surely good working practice should be in place all the time, not just Ofsted season? .... We had our Ofsted in december and they weren't due till april/may, we werent even warned they just turned up. Despite that we got an overall good with 4 outstanding points, so we were v'happy indeed

7. LostGirl

LostGirl PetForums VIP

when my nursery had it they gave no warning, but thank god for sercurity who phoned to tells us they were coming lol!

8. willa

willa PetForums VIP

Why weren't u warned ?:confused:

9. willa

willa PetForums VIP

Lol !! :lol::lol:

Why weren't u warned though ?

10. forgotten~myth

forgotten~myth PetForums VIP

Good luck - i don't envy you. We are expecting the call sometime soon too. :eek:

Sorry didn't realise daughter had logged me off and her on! :rolleyes:

Alaun xx Good luck, I hope it goes well.

11. Kaitlyn

Kaitlyn PetForums Senior

Private day nurseries don't get a warning.. you'll just get told they appear during ?????? month. Been through 3 Ofsteds over the years and its not too bad depending where you work. First two were ok as we were pretty relaxed as were our inspectors. The last nursery i worked in was horrid.. the boss took all the credit and all he told us was how HE had single handedly saved the inspection down to his fantastic paperwork. He had a shock when one of our girls spoke to the inspector who visited us and the real truth came out....

Good luck with it and i hope it goes well for you :)

12. lizzyboo

lizzyboo PetForums VIP

with the new rules, they dont have to warn you now, but if they do they can be as short as two days notice x

i totoally agree that if you practice good practice, you shouldnt have to prepare. as said in the above post, they dont have to give warning now

you probably did :lol: but rules have changed.

13. MissShelley

Because like everyone has said, they are under no obligation to warn you if they come.... Ofsted can also turn up at any given time whether you have an inspection due or not

14. lizzyboo

lizzyboo PetForums VIP

normally only when there has been a complaint made though.

15. MissShelley

When there has been a complaint obvioiusly, but you should be prepared for the fact that they can turn up at random regardless.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice