Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Yet another pet at the vets today

Discussion in 'Dog Health and Nutrition' started by Houseofpets, May 1, 2011.

1. Houseofpets

Houseofpets PetForums Member

I had to take my 13 year old Dachshund to the vets, got up this morning and he was very very sick, couldn't get over the doorstep and had to be lifted and was shallow breathing. I honestly though it was the end for our old boy but after a rush to the vets they think he has a bad gastro infection.

Blood tests were done to see how bad his dehydration and kidney function were and all weren't too bad, so after various injections and something to help his very rumbly tum he has been sent home to recouperate.

Trouble is my Daxie is a Mummie's boy and he likes to 'play' on anything that is wrong :D, if he hurts his foot he will limp heavily when I come in the room or he sees me - if anyone else is around he doesn't limp!!! So going to be difficult for me to tell how poorly he really is but hve decided I will air on the side of caution and assume he is worse than I think.

£207 for an out of hours appointment - I am in the wrong business!!!:D :D

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice