Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Yesterday they euthanised my cat

Discussion in 'Rainbow Bridge' started by jessica cook, Jan 25, 2019.

1. jessica cook

jessica cook PetForums Newbie

My cat olly (9yrs) was diagnosed with oral cancer in October, and there was nothing they could do. Just had meds to make him comfortable and lots of love. On monday this week he stopped eating and started to decline from there. We decided it was time and he was euthanized last night, he went very quickly and peacefully the vet said with how quick it was he was certainly ready. I just cant stop crying, i miss my beautiful boy so so much. Please someone tell me this gets easier.

Attached Files:

white_shadow likes this.
  2. Lurcherlad

Lurcherlad PetForums VIP

Very sad, but obviously the best thing for him.

So sorry for your loss :(

white_shadow and jessica cook like this.
  3. Polly G

Polly G PetForums VIP

So sorry that you have lost your beautiful Olly xx

white_shadow and jessica cook like this.
  4. Alice D

Alice D PetForums Newbie

So sorry about your beautiful Olly. I know how you must feel as we had our boy put to sleep Dec 31. We are totally heart broken. It will get easier with time. But I really feel for you! It's the most terrible decision to make but you have done an amazing kind thing for your Olly. You've put his welfare before your own feelings.
    We are still raw and still many tears are shed. It will get easier in time but for now you can only ride the storm and think of the happy and good times you had with him.
    {{{ hugs}}} to you.

jessica cook and white_shadow like this.
  5. ttaylor45

ttaylor45 PetForums Member

I am so sorry you have lost your cat I lost both my gorgeous toy poodles last year in May and November and still miss them like crazy.

jessica cook and white_shadow like this.
  6. jessica cook

Thankyou for your kind words, and im so sorry for your loss.
    Ive never dealt with this kind of thing, so finding it very hard at the moment my emotions are so up and down. I keep telling myself he was so poorly and it wad for the best but its like my mind isnt quite accepting it just yet xxxx

7. jessica cook

Sorry for your losses xxxx

8. ttaylor45

ttaylor45 PetForums Member

I tell myself exactly the same especially with Pepe he was poorly in 2017 With anaemia which he recovered from after 10 months on steroids only to be then diagnosed with kidney disease and also cataracts in both eyes which led to glaucoma so he ended up losing his sight as well. We lost Pepe on November the 8th due to kidney failure. Rusty was diagnosed with a growth near his liver and we lost him on May 10th last year but he was fine until the last week. Those dates will be forever etched on my mine. I hope I will feel better in time as I know I did the right thing but it is so hard, I am still very tearful at times.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice