Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Yes!! Channel five highlight the plight of puppy farms

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by bichonsrus, Aug 4, 2009.

1. bichonsrus

bichonsrus PetForums Senior

Ok i have just caught the five oclock new , dont know how many of you did also....they had someone who went undercover and took footage of these puppy farms that supply the big shops!! Lets hope enough people watched this and took notice of the report, i for one was happy this was highlighted, it stated all the facts it should of the only thing i would of added to it was about how dogs need human contact, especially the lap dogs. If i can get a copy of it i am going to put it on youtube if not on there already, who else saw it and what did you think of how it was put across?

2. bichonsrus

you can also see a blog of the reporter who took this footage on channel five website!

3. Sypher

Sypher PetForums Senior

The exact footage was on Sky News.

It was a good piece showing the terrible conditions the dogs are being kept in.

Channel 5 said there would be a follow up tomorrow.

4. munchbunch

munchbunch PetForums VIP

I've just seen a clip of it on Sky News - horrific conditions that the poor dogs are kept in - spaniels circling in a tiny stall with no stimulation - a life as a puppy making machine - horrendous. Pleased they managed to get one ex
    breeder dog out & rehomed. Makes me so mad the councils are letting them carry on though :mad:

5. frags

frags PetForums VIP

i hate watching these as they make me so upset and mad but i end up watching them anyway.
    im glad they got rid of 1 farmer and hope they find many more so these dogs can have a much better life!

6. *WillsTillsBills*

*WillsTillsBills* PetForums Senior

Hiya, don't spose you know the name of the guy? Wish I had of seen it now!

7. bichonsrus

I dont have Sky :( what did i miss?

8. bichonsrus

no soz i got the brain of a sieve! if you got to the channel five website they will have it on there.:D

9. Sypher

Sypher PetForums Senior

It's the same footage. It will be repeated on FIVE at 19:00 this evening.

10. bichonsrus

Yes that was particularly upsetting, they need that human contact and stimulation, its just so wrong!:(

11. bichonsrus

oh cool i didnt miss any of it then:D

12. haeveymolly

haeveymolly PetForums VIP

The boy who was being interviewed with his mum was at the demo when i was there, his dad was telling us that when they went in to tell them jack was ill they shrugged and offered them another pup, bit like taking a pair of shoes back cos the heels come off they couldnt care less.

When we complained to a member of staff about a very bloated ill looking staffie, i had to follow her about, constantly reminding her, she lifted the puppy out and said oh dear and took it through a door to a back room, bet i know that puppies fate. Its awfull.

13. munchbunch

munchbunch PetForums VIP

Thet didn't actually name anybody. The company is "Dogs for Us" & most of the breeders are in Carnarfon (if that's how you spell it).

If anybody has got sky & wants to watch it now, go to Sky News, press the red button & it's a separate video called "cruelty".

14. bichonsrus

oh my god, what sort of people work there, do you think they just dont know any better or really just dont give a damn?! Haveing pics of famous people that had bought dogs their, did the famous people understand about where their pups came from, id like to see them interviewed about this, it would make good viewing!

15. kittykat

kittykat PetForums VIP

Just copied this from sky news online .....

Sky News passed the footage to Carmarthenshire Council.

After expressing concern, the authority asked the farms to make some changes but allowed them all to keep their licences.

Somehow that doesnt surprise me, disgusting what people are allowed to get away with ...... :mad:

16. sandymaynard

sandymaynard PetForums Senior

I didnot watch it!
    But just read up on it!
    The poor animals must of been in alot of pain and destress!
    Why would councils give them breeders lincences if this is the case!
    Poor souls!

17. bichonsrus

Totally agree with you, i think that is why its up to people like us to highlight what is going on and taking a stand, it would be a good time to picket these places and maybe hand out leaflets showing the cruelty that goes on in the farms that sell to these shops, i live in london but if someone could organise something for a saturday or sunday i could travel up, what do you guys think?

18. bichonsrus

The council dont understand what dogs actually need in terms of emotional happiness, this is what is wrong, why can this not be changed in some sort of legislation?

19. *WillsTillsBills*

*WillsTillsBills* PetForums Senior

puppy farm I've just watched this video, and I have to say what a good job the people in the video have done in raising awareness, its just awful how these things are legal, and how they get away with it :(

20. staceydawlz

staceydawlz PetForums VIP

is it on again any time or can i watch t all online? can u giv me a link? plz!!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice