Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Yelping

Discussion in 'Dog Health and Nutrition' started by Freyja, Apr 11, 2011.

1. Freyja

Freyja PetForums VIP

Simba has started yelping for apparently no reason. It started yesterday afternoon someone had come to see the pups and wanted to see their dad. Now Simba has never met the pups unlike his dad who loves pups Simba gets stressed. He got stressed about Willow when he arrived. He doesn't get nasty he just gets very worried.

We thought it was maybe because he didn't like being around the pups they were in a crate whilst we fetched him in. He only stayed in the room with the pups with the pups for a few minutes and we took him out.

I have been all over him and can't find anything wrong with him he is not lame and he doesn't yelp when you touch the same place each time although does seem worse when you touch his head or neck area.

When they are playing Amber has a habbit of brabbing him round his neck so I'm wandering if she has bitten him a bit hard and made him sore. If he is still yelping tomorrow then I will take him to the vets and get him checked out. This has happened with him before a few months ago which is why I think it is something to do with his naughty sister.

2. new westie owner

new westie owner PetForums VIP

Hope he is okay :)

3. Freyja

Freyja PetForums VIP

Simba has stopped yelping again so it looks like it was over enthusiastic playing by his sister. It looks like I'm going to have to stop them playing quite so roughly though goos knows how I'm going to do that without splitting them up which I wouldn't do as they have been together since birth with the exception of the 2 times Amber has been in season.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice