Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Yellow :S

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by MissusMayhem, Mar 28, 2011.

1. MissusMayhem

MissusMayhem PetForums VIP

Okay ... I'm stuck

Odin has been sick now on two occasions
    both of which were in the morning ....
    he has kind of taken himself onto one tea time meal over the past month
    and today and one day last week he has been sick like i said in the morning but it is BRIGHT! and i mean bright yellow....

can anyone advise/explain what is going on?

thanks
    xxxx

2. PoisonGirl

PoisonGirl Banned

Yep, its a build up of stomach acid.

My vet told me that many large breeds tummies (not every dog of the breeds! before anyone jumps on my back) just cant cope with such a long time between meals and the acid builds up and then they are sick.

I think if you put him back to two meals, or just give him wee bit of breakfast, he will be ok :)

Dave is sick, sometimes he has his dinner early and if I leave it too late the next day he will be sick.
    Also our old foster rotti was fed once a day until the vet told us why he was being sick, and he was sick every time he had a drink.

3. sid&kira

sid&kira PetForums VIP

Yea its bile, his body is expecting food, so produces the bile to aid digestion, he doesnt get food, so the bile isnt needed and it has to go somewhere!

When Kira decided she didnt like her old food and stopped eating she was doing it quite a bit, all yellow and foamy... nice lol

4. MissusMayhem

but he wont eat his breakfast :(

5. Phoenix&Charlie'sMum

Phoenix&Charlie'sMum PetForums VIP

try giving him chicken and rice. Most dogs cant resist that. Or maybe something more stodgy for his breaky, like wheatabix or rice pudding?

6. catz4m8z

catz4m8z PetForums VIP

One of mine does this occasionally, and they are def not large breeds!!
    Also they get 2 meals a day and a Bonio at bedtime so dont have empty tums.:confused:

7. MissusMayhem

he was on half half before but he just point blank refused to eat in morning so i wound up doubling his tea through fear of him not getting enough

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice