UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday I was out doing some work with Louie and out of no where an RR came running up to him. He was wearing a yellow collar/bandanna thing as well as a normal collar. I leashed Lou as he can be funny with dogs taller than him that look a bit square (in stature) I called over to her whilst trying to keep her dog away from the growling end of Lou and said "Mine's not too good" and mumbled about interrupting our training.. She called hers back, for it to run back up to Louie then back to her again.

I said that he'd been attacked a few times so can be a bit funny sometimes.. then she said "Oh same with mine.." :confused:

So why let it run up to another dog?

Also am I right in thinking dogs with yellow on are now the ones that need space.. I'm assuming thats why this dog had yellow on, so why let it off and let it barrel up to another dog?

She was a numpty too, I was walking Louie away for a good few minutes before she decided to put hers on lead..

:nono: And I lost a dummy!

·
Registered
39,229 Posts
I would think that, if that was the significance of the yellow on this dog, that he would be under control. If you go to the trouble of researching DINOS and understand that many dogs need space, plus are aware how your own reacts if crowded then you can also empathise with others surely so treat them with the same understanding as you expect to be treated.

A dog round here wears a yellow bandana - I asked about it and it's because he looks handsome in yellow - so maybe that's all it was?

Who knows though; nowt so queer as folk.

·
Registered
15,185 Posts
This thread adequately demonstrates the futility of trying to use colour coding for dog temperaments.

I have seen dogs with yellow collars, blue collars, green collars, pink collars etc etc As far as I know that is colour preference of the owner, not a designation of outlook.

Dogs tell me all I need to know about them, I do not need a collar to infom me of the blindingly obvious.

·
Registered
12,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It could be that he just looked good in yellow. But still if he isn't good, why let him run up to other dogs? I called Louie to me straight after I heard his first grumble. I like to observe how he is going to be before I act. And there was no way he was going to like this one.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.