Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Yellow belly turtle shedding skin

Discussion in 'Turtles and Tortoises' started by footballchris184, Feb 5, 2013.

1. footballchris184

footballchris184 PetForums Newbie

Hi all,
    I recently starting keep turtles; I got my 2 turtles about a month ago. I’ve got a musk turtle and a yellow belly turtle as far as I can gather they are roughly 6months old (that’s what the shop where I brought them told me). I’ve got a few questions that hopefully someone can help me with.

How common is it for baby turtles to shed skin, both my turtles are shedding, the musk have very slight shedding, but the yellow belly seems to be quite a bit, is this normal or am I doing something wrong, the temperature is 25 degrees, which as far as I’ve read seem correct. Could it be over feeding, water quality or is this just normal growing, I’ve attached a picture, it know it not great quality, I will try to upload better ones if required.

My musk turtle seems bloated to me underneath, to me he has always been this way since I got him, and again I’ve uploaded some pictures. Can anyone tell me if this is normal or not?

Attached Files:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice