Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Yay

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Nellybelly, May 11, 2010.

1. Nellybelly

Nellybelly PetForums VIP

:thumbup::thumbup:
    Hope so at least!

We went back to the vet to see how Bella's paw is. She had a very swollen paw and we suspected a grass seed was stuck n there, as there was a healed wound underneath the paw.
    Anyway, a course of antibiotics has reduced the swelling enough for the vet to have a good feel around and he thinks possibly there is nothing stuck in her paw, it was just very badly infected, and should clean up on its own with the help of antibiotics. We will be monitoring this very carefully though...and I won't say we are out of the waters yet, but looking good!

2. cutekiaro1

cutekiaro1 PetForums VIP

:) Good news Glad shes doing better

3. rona

rona Guest

Good news :thumbup:

4. Nellybelly

Nellybelly PetForums VIP

yes I have a huge smile on my face, but I must remember the vet said we need to monitor it, as he cannot say for sure.
    But it is looking good.
    All the signs suggested a forgein body, and the problem in Cyprus is very big this time of year with this particular kind of grass seed. I know 4 dogs so far this year that have suffered from there (1 had a grass seed in teh ear, and the other 3 had one in the paw)...so we will be very lucky if Bella turns out to be ok;) So happy the vet decided to wait and see, rather than open her up yesterday!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice