Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Xmas Tree Destruction

Discussion in 'Cat Training and Behaviour' started by Bigsize9foot, Oct 17, 2020.

1. Bigsize9foot

Bigsize9foot PetForums Member

Sorry it's early!! I have 2 lively 5 month old boys. I am thinking ahead to Xmas Trees. Our usual artificial one has taken some punishment over the years with my cats of varying ages. My friend told me her kittens wrecked her artificial tree and she replaced it with a real one and they didn't touch it. Does anyone have any experiences to share about real v's artificial?

2. chillminx

chillminx PetForums VIP

Years ago when I still had a tree at Christmas, I used to have real Xmas trees mostly and the cats and kittens loved climbing them and pulling off the baubles.

I remember a Christmas when one of our kittens hid in the thick foliage at the bottom of our real Xmas tree and my OH and I searched the house for him in a panic, until kitty suddenly jumped out of his hiding place! :eek:

Last year, after many Christmases without a tree, I bought an artificial tree and none of the cats bothered with it at all. I put no lights, glitter or tinsel on it, just hanging decorations, which fortunately can be bought as shatter proof versions these days.

Bigsize9foot likes this.
  3. Bigsize9foot

Bigsize9foot PetForums Member

Seems to be no rhyme or reason to it then! Think I’ll just put the artificial one up then. It’s had so many years of abuse it won’t matter if it gets ruined!!

chillminx likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice