Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Xmas gifts for clients?

Discussion in 'Dog Walking' started by rona, Nov 19, 2012.

1. rona

rona Still missing my boys

Do you give your clients anything at Xmas?

Last year I gave calenders with a different picture of their dog on each month :D

This year I'm making them a DVD of theirs dogs year with me :)

2. missnaomi

missnaomi PetForums VIP

If you were my dog walker, I would absolutely love that! :D
    Naomi

3. rona

:) :) :)

I can get video on the DVD so they can really see their dogs body language when they are with me :thumbup::thumbup:

I always send new clients a few pics and videos to hopefully allay any worries they have, but it's not easy to continue to do that for established clients :(

4. DOGPERSON

DOGPERSON PetForums Member

I always give healthy dog treats to my clients.I figure even if its the value of one whole walk, its very little to give back considering how long many have been with me.

On the flip side one client gave me a bottle of reasonable red wine for my efforts, its really nice to be recognised.

5. missnaomi

missnaomi PetForums VIP

Please could you consider moving nearer so I could employ you!
    I think one of our dogs would probably prefer a walk to daycare, but there is simply nobody suitable here at the moment...

6. All4pets

All4pets PetForums Newbie

I normally give my dog clients a healthy dog treat. This year I am making them Xmas cards with their dogs pictures on them. I like your calendar idea thou that sounds great!

7. Pet Services Kent

Pet Services Kent PetForums Senior

Last year i did a stocking with all their dg's favourite things- toys, treats etc plus a nice photo. This year im doing calendars, but not sure how i fit all my dogs in(their are more than 12)!

8. WarFlyball

WarFlyball PetForums Member

I gave them all home made dog treats last yeat - they went down very well and lots asked me for the recipe but got put off making them when I warned them the house would smell for days afterwards :p

9. Stefx

Stefx PetForums Member

That's so nice. I'm a dog walker and if I had enough money, I would do the calendar. To be honest I wasn't even thinking of presents as I only started up a couple of months ago but all my customers ended up giving me presents! Next year I think I'll get some healthy dog treats for them x

10. rona

11. Gil3987

Gil3987 PetForums Senior

im thinking some healthy treats for them and a xmas card with their pets pic :)

As if christmas wasnt stressful enough with everything else i already had to do haha

12. joface

joface PetForums Member

we always give a small gift to all of our dogs, usually something edible and spend a few pounds on each dog. this year I've bought every dog one of these

Antler Bakes Christmas

but shhhhhhhh its a surprise :D

and the bonus is they don't need wrapping :thumbup1:

13. Gil3987

Gil3987 PetForums Senior

they look lovely joface :) might purchase some them too :)

Thanks!! :thumbup1:

Gill

14. DT

DT Banned

both lovely gifts Rona.

15. joface

joface PetForums Member

This year Santa (me) is giving these to my clients. They are reduced at the moment and I've checked with Lilys Kitchen and the earliest BBE date is May 2015

Fabulously Festive Christmas Biscuits!

I know its not very extravagant but with the amount of clients we have it soon adds up. Also, most of our clients have varying dietary requirements and these are pretty inoffensive in terms of ingredients.

Hope this helps someone looking for a nice little something to buy their furry friends :thumbsup:

16. Ownedbymany

Ownedbymany PetForums Senior

This is my first year so I don't have masses of clients yet, even so I need to keep costs low because I haven't managed to pay myself a wage yet. I wanted to get everything I needed before I started rather than building up as I went.
    Those Christmas biscuits look like a good idea so I ordered some for my clients, plus a couple of extra bags in case I pick up some more clients before Xmas.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice