Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Xiva......

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by PoisonGirl, Feb 9, 2012.

1. PoisonGirl

PoisonGirl Banned

I got her weighed again today it's been 3 weeks since I put her back on puppy food and she has gained zero :confused:

The vet nurse said she looks OK and not to worry about it but I don't understand how she can not have gained any weight at all since then.

Anyway on the way home there was no one at all in the park so I got brave and let her off the lead :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

She was very good and recalled great even if she did plant her big muddy feet all over me each time she came back :lol:

2. PoisonGirl

PoisonGirl Banned

Any idea why she would still be the exact same weight after being back on puppy food for 3 weeks?

People say she looks fine when I say she is part lurcher, but she doesn't look like a lurcher cross to most people so she does look skinny I would really like her to put a kg or so on.

3. Sheen and Eli

Sheen and Eli PetForums VIP

She looks fine to me, very similar build to my Loki who hasn't grown or put weight on since he was about 6 months old, just stopped growing. Where as Eli went through a half starved look from 8 months to over a year old, only really filling out at 2 years.
    Perhaps she is as she's meant to be.:)
    Didn't use puppy food with my too so not sure about that

4. PoisonGirl

PoisonGirl Banned

The vet nurse said if she is not gaining the extra kg or so on puppy I'd be aswell to put her onto adult and that she might broaden out a bit once she is a bit older.

Still got half a bag left though so might do half and half lol.

5. L/C

L/C PetForums VIP

Are you worried about her weight for any particular reason? Sorry if I've missed the thread. She looks good to me and with the breeds in her I would think that might be just how she's meant to be.

6. redroses2106

redroses2106 PetForums VIP

I actually think she looks nice, if she has some lurcher in her then that would be the reason she is skinnier, how old is she? perhaps shes just going through the gangly stage where they are quite skinny, and will fill out in her own time.

if your really wanting some weight on her have you though about upping the amount of food she gets by a little and maybe adding goats milk or puppy milk to it? that might help.

but honestly from those pictures she looks good, an absoloute cutie

7. PoisonGirl

PoisonGirl Banned

I guess I'm just not used to pointy dogs, she just looks skinny to me compared to the other two, and compared to my old collie/lab (I know, none of them have pointy dog in them lol)

People just kept making comments I guess I need to learn to ignore them and accept she is obviously more lurcher than collie or lab.

She is 9 months.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice