Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

X-ray results showed fractured pelvis

Discussion in 'Cat Health and Nutrition' started by Jbell0058, Oct 9, 2019.

1. Jbell0058

Jbell0058 PetForums Newbie

hi everyone (my first thread)

long story short my cat got hit on Saturday night, we took him to the vets and then we only just got the X-ray results yesterday. The results showed his pelvis was fractured in 4 places - the vet said the fractures could heal. However one of the fractures had damaged a nerve that goes down to his bladder, which is so sad. He hasn’t been able to go to the toilet on himself and he’s on the urine drip. I’m so scared that if it has to come to putting him down it will break me inside, my life would feel so empty. Since Sunday I’ve been so upset, I can’t eat my dinner and I’m so anxious. Has anyone experienced this with their cat? The vet said there’s a slim chance of his nerves “coming back” (I think she meant there’s a slim chance of them being ok) but the fact my cat can’t stand up yet (it would hurt his pelvis) does that mean he could potentially be able to go to the toilet but because he can’t move then he wouldn’t be able to?

(So sorry for the long message)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice