Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Wrongly accused of not picking up poop

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by hippidude780, Aug 25, 2013.

1. hippidude780

hippidude780 PetForums Newbie

This happened to me a few days ago, and it is still annoying me, and just wanted to know if anyone else has had similar experiences.

I have a female dog, and she squats when she wees. I imagine to non-dog owners that have never had a female dog, this would look like a pooing position. Well, a few days ago my dog was weeing, when some bloke on a bike started hurling abuse (I can't even refer to the words he was using, as they were really strong explicitives), accusing me of not picking up my dogs muck.

Well, by the time I realised he was talking to me, and I realised what he was talking about, he was already disappearing down the street (he never stopped riding his bike whilst he was hurling abuse), so I couldn't tell him that she was actually weeing, or invite him to come inspect the ground for himself, and I wasn't going to start shouting down the street back at him.

Well, it just really frustrated me. I actually make a real effort to make sure I pick up everything that can be, and have done for the last 9 years I've had my Molly.

2. zedder

zedder PetForums VIP

Ignore it as long as you do clean up the poops then your doing nothing wrong.

3. lucy963

lucy963 PetForums Senior

Some people are just not worth worrying about. He had no right to shout abuse at you. I have 2 girl dogs one who is nervous and incident like that would set her back. I would be extremely angry too.

4. Lurcherlad

Lurcherlad PetForums VIP

I understand you must be feeling really miffed especially as you do pick up after your dog!

Even if you had not picked up a poo, hurling abuse at someone is totally unnecessary.

I think you should just rise above it. He was wrong and not worthy of another thought ;)

However, if he does manage to shame an actual offender into changing their ways, then maybe it will be worth it? :rolleyes:

5. shetlandlover

shetlandlover PetForums VIP

I had that with my old dog Scorcher (rip) she had anal problems so would act like she was pooping but nothing would come out, me and my husband were walking her and she did that, nothing came out (although we had a poo bag ready incase it did) and some fella started screaming abuse at us saying that we and our dog should be shot.

Never the less he buggered off before I could prove him wrong.

6. Lurcherlad

Lurcherlad PetForums VIP

I've been known to pick up "thin air" in a poo bag when Jack has assumed the position and done nothing, or a dribble that is impossible to pick up, just in case someone thinks he has and I have left it ;)

7. Sarah1983

Sarah1983 PetForums VIP

Yup. Spen will quite often pick a spot, squat, then decide that the spot isn't perfect after all :rolleyes:

8. Dogless

Dogless PetForums VIP

Kilo does that a lot. He is VERY particular about where he poos :rolleyes:.

9. Wiz201

Wiz201 PetForums VIP

making threats or hurling abuse is not right no matter what the situation is. Unfortunately nothing can be done policewise if there were no supporting witnesses. Only saving grace could be that if someone does it from a car, you can then call the police and give them the car plate number. That's what I'd do next time.

10. lilythepink

lilythepink PetForums VIP

Our first dog was a long haired GSD and he would only back up onto a rose bush....funny to watch him, impossible to pick up after him.lol

11. shetlandlover

shetlandlover PetForums VIP

Done that many a time! lol Hubby looks at me like I'm daft when I've done that. Because of her issues she had runny poo often so most was impossible to pick up so I'd take a bottle of water with me to rinse the floor too.

12. hushtalk

hushtalk PetForums Senior

think about it,.. we HAVE to poo on a toilet, not just any toilet it has to be clean.

And you think dogs are particular ?:D

13. SarahBee

SarahBee PetForums Member

I'm guilty of talking very loudly to Lottie when she has a wee, just in case people think she's doing a poo and I'm not picking up.

I must sound like a total loon :D :

'What's that you're doing there Lottie? Are you having a wee-wee? You Are having a wee-wee!!! Oh what a good girl having a wee-wee!' etc etc

I'd rather the funny looks than be shouted at though!

14. Happy Paws2

Happy Paws2 PetForums VIP

I had that when we had Amber she stopped for a wee and a woman came out of her house shouting at me to pick up after my dirty dog, I smiled back at her and said if I carried blotting paper with me, I would, she looked at me and then I said it a girl and she having a wee. She went red and went back in her house and shut the door. I felt really good as we walked away, cheeky mare.

15. LolaBoo

LolaBoo PetForums VIP

I get so paranoid when the girls poo outside, i tend to pick the poo up and part of the grass as well so i dont have anyone gobbing off at me, Lola when weeing is diddy so she squats low but apple shes bigger so for some reason constantly looks like shes pooing even if its just a wee :eek:

16. catz4m8z

catz4m8z PetForums VIP

Ive actually had someone have a go at me for my dogs pooping on the street when they were innocently walking along!! They were just annoyed at the amount of poop that wasnt picked up and decided that since I had dogs I was responisble for all the dog poop in the world!:rolleyes:

17. tinaK

tinaK PetForums VIP

Yes - I've got two bitches and I've even been reported to the council for apparently not picking up. But that was by 2 neghbours who have issues with everyone

18. Wiz201

Wiz201 PetForums VIP

Slightly separate issue but on the same vein I was posted a letter from the council for having a noisy dog, when amber had not visited for weeks but I was racking my brains to remember if she had been. They obviously got the wrong house but it gave me a stress headache all day at work

19. lostbear

lostbear Bear right at Newcastle . . .

I had a similar thing happen to me when Sophie squatted for a wee once. A woman who was passing started to abuse me. I told her - "She's just had a wee, there's nothing to pick up.

"You must think I'm stupid! Everyone knows dogs lift their legs to pass water"

(Of course, by now I didn't think she was stupid - I knew she was.

With great patience I told her - "Yes - DOGS lift their legs - BITCHES squat down"

She wouldn't have it and refused even to inspect the spot (which told me that she knew she was in the wrong) and went off threatening all sorts. (None of which happened).

I think it's fair enough to comment if you think someone has left a 'present', but not to be abusive or to refuse to listen to a reasonable explanation.

#19 lostbear, Aug 25, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2013
  20. Doodler

Doodler PetForums Member

Sounds like a chance to exercise ones middle finger!

Surprising how many people think ALL "dogs" cock a leg to wee,I allways tell them,"the girls sit,the boys stand" just like us! Allthough Ben does neither,he just drains away standing on all fours.

eddie

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice