Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Write a story together. One paragraph each

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by sligy, Nov 25, 2012.

1. sligy

sligy PetForums Senior

I noticed after i asked what hobbies people have that many people on here like writing. So i thought we could write a story together.
    I thought we could do one paragraph then wait for the next person to do another paragraph.
    No one would know how the story will end or what would happen in the story and it would just be a good bit of fun.

I am adding a edit to this as i have noticed something causes this not to work. If more than 1 person reply's at the same time the story goes off track. So if you are the next writer "like" the one you want to carry on from. This way if we have deplicate replys it wont matter.

I will start....

It was late, and it seemed like it had been raining forever. The wind was blowing so violently it had swept my umbrella out of my hands and down the street. My day was officially getting worse and now i had no umbrella and had missed the bus.

#1 sligy, Nov 25, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2012
  2. newfiesmum

newfiesmum Banned

That is when it happened. I had settled down in the shelter to wait for the next bus, which would be half an hour, when the car stopped. I peered inside, thinking it had to be someone I knew or they would not have stopped. But no, a complete stranger was there, offering me a lift. I was tempted, very tempted, especially when I saw that it was a woman. What to do, risk it or get soaked?

3. sligy

sligy PetForums Senior

My day had been so rubbish i didn't really see the harm, it was not like this woman was some strange looking grizzly. So i jumped in, we tore off down the road at such a speed while jack Johnson blared from the stereo.

4. Charleigh

Charleigh PetForums VIP

We sat listening to the radio, neither of us daring to be the first to speak. When suddenly, out of no where, there was an elderly man standing in the middle of the road.

5. sligy

sligy PetForums Senior

We swerved to avoid him but the roads were so wet and she was going so fast she was loosing all control of the car. We were heading for a huge tree. I buried my head in my knees and wished i had caught the bus.

6. katie200

katie200 PetForums VIP

When the car came to a stop just missing the tree.
    "Ha! you were lucky this time" came a croaky voice from out of nowhere. :eek:

7. davidc

davidc PetForums VIP

Mouth dry, heart beating faster I realised this man had just walked out from under the car.
    Pull yourself together! I told myself, the tyres must have missed him by inches, he must have been between the wheels but not under them.
    So why then were there tyre marks on his jacket?
    We were going so fast, there was no way he could have survived, yet here he was standing there as if being run over was the most natural thing in the world...
    "Lady," he said to the driver, "You hit me there."
    I went over his words in my head again, "You hit me", not "You almost hit me". What on earth was going on?

8. sligy

sligy PetForums Senior

I turned and looked at the driver, things were getting worse, She didn't seem in the least bit concerned, she just forced me out the car.
    I got out a little hesitant as we were in the middle of nowhere. She screeched off down the road getting me soaked. All i could do was make my way home on foot.

#8 sligy, Nov 25, 2012
  9. Summersky

Summersky PetForums VIP

"Come with me" said the old man, "I live just over there." He pointed across the bleak, open fields.

Too shocked to think clearly, I followed. He walked round to the back seat, opened the door, and oh so gently, took the very old lady by the hand, and helped her out of the car.

I heard the car engine rev, and looked behind me, only to see the driver career away, burst tyres and all, swerving down the road, until she was out of sight.

The old man and old lady walked slowly down a dusty track, and I followed.......

10. sligy

sligy PetForums Senior

I was not sure why i should follow but i did anyway. There house was like a little chocolate box thatched cottage. The cottage was warm, and smelt of home cooked food and cookies. I sat wondering how i would possibly get home.

11. Gertrude

Gertrude PetForums VIP

I sat and drank the welcomed sweet tea the old lady made for me, I really couldn't think straight and no-one said a word....what was happening here?

12. Charleigh

Charleigh PetForums VIP

Then I realised that this little cottage seemed somewhat familiar, as if I'd visited it in a dream. I couldn't quite place it, the more tea I drank, the less important it seemed to remember where I'd seen this little cottage before. I was hit by an overwhelming sense of tiredness. I looked at the clock above the fireplace and was shocked by how late it was.

13. sligy

sligy PetForums Senior

I sat looking at the clock for ages, my eyes started to get dreadfully heavy. I tried to fight the uncontrollable urge to shut my eyes. It was hard to stay awake in such a comfy chair, it felt as if i was sinking into it deeper and deeper.

14. davidc

davidc PetForums VIP

The man handed me a newspaper, just as I felt I was about to nod off. "Have a read of the dailies." he said cheerfully.
    I looked at the date through bleary eyes, 7th September 1953. Surely this was some sort of joke.
    The lady looked down at the newspaper panic stricken. She grabbed it away quickly but not before I'd had a chance to see the headline and black and white photo on the cover. "I'm so sorry, this is yesterdays. Forgive my husband." She went over to her husband, thinking wrongly she was out of earshot, she muttered to him "You gave him THE newspaper. If you're not careful he'll find out."
    I stood up from the chair, a little bolder now, and walked over to face them.
    "Find out what?" I asked accusingly, remembering the headline, "Find out that you both died in a hit and run incident in the 50's?"......

15. Summersky

Summersky PetForums VIP

"Not at all", she said. "Sit back. relax. You have no need to worry. We have been waiting for you for a long time."
    A little black cat jumped up onto my lap, and snuggled down, purring like a motorboat. I stroked her, and she nestled her head into my lap. The old man and old lady silently left the room. I began to doze .

#15 Summersky, Nov 25, 2012
  16. sligy

sligy PetForums Senior

I sunk in the chair this could not be right. I was not even born till the 80's. I was struggling to make sense of all of this. It must have been a sick joke. Maybe a camera crew would jump out and it would all become clear.

17. Summersky

Summersky PetForums VIP

I jumped up out of the seat. The cat miaowed and rubbed around my legs. I looked around me. On the mantlepiece was a photo frame - in it was a photo of a little girl, holding a black cat. I startled - I knew that little girl!! This didn't make sense at all. I needed to get out of here.

18. sligy

sligy PetForums Senior

The photo was old, very old but the cat in the photo had a star shaped patch on one ear and so did the cat on my lap.
    As i tried to leave my legs began to feel very heavy. I could not make them work properly.

19. Summersky

Summersky PetForums VIP

I took the photo frame in my hand. The old lady gasped. "Don't touch that! It's the last photo I have of her. It was taken in the summer" she said, "Just before .........". I forced myself to turn around. "But who is she?", I asked, "She looks so like my Mum". "That's right" said the old man, "Her name was Maria. She died in the accident. She was so precious, but she stood no chance at all."
    "But the paper said that two people in the car died - a husband and wife!!" "That's what they thought. They never found her body, so we stayed. We just couldn't leave her" said the old man softly, "Now we need your help".

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice