Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

wounds on a nervous cat!

Discussion in 'Cat Health and Nutrition' started by pinkclarko, Aug 7, 2009.

1. pinkclarko

pinkclarko PetForums Newbie

Hello all, wondering if you could advise-

we look after a cat Thomas, who is constantly in my or my neighbour's garden. He was previously looked after by the previous owner of our house. I can't let him in because I'm allergic so we feed him and bought him a little house etc. I've treated him for fleas about 2 months ago.

The problem is that I came home today and found two big holes-one on his hindquarter and one on his tail near his bum. They look awful but he doesn't seem too distressed by them-yesterday he was licking them and now I think they've dried up a bit.

One is a bit smaller that a 5p and the tail one is also quite big. Problem is that he is a very nervous cat, and after six months has only recently started allowing me to stroke him. He runs away at sudden noises and movements. He definately wouldn't let me take him to a vet or let me pick him up or treat the wounds I think, although he does trust me to stroke him near the wounds.

I know I'm probably overreacting but I've not looked after a cat before and they do look nasty. I wouldn't want to ignore them if there's something I should be doing to keep them clean etc. COuld anyone advise? thanks

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice