Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Wouldn't it be great if we had a website that listed EVERY dog show?

Discussion in 'Dog Shows and Events' started by classixuk, Jul 27, 2009.

1. classixuk

classixuk PetForums VIP

In my search for dog shows (companion, fun, champion, open etc.) I am still yet to find a website that lists all of the shows. Does one exist?

I know there are a couple for Champion shows, but what I was hoping to find was a website with all of the more local ones listed too.

Where does everyone else find out about upcoming dogshows (the fun and companion ones) in their area?

Seems there is hardly anything happening in the Merseyside area, ever!

2. All I can think of is fosse data! but there are man on here who may know otherwise!
    DT

3. archielee

archielee PetForums VIP

Yes that would be good all on one website

4. classixuk

classixuk PetForums VIP

Those sites are great, and have now been added to my bookmarks. Thanks.

Now all I need is a good website that lists the fun/companion ones too. e.g. Fun dog show in the local park Sunday 1pm-4pm. They are the ones I want to get started with before I go travelling up and down the country.

I noticed on one of those sites that there are a lot of dates registered with "XX canine society".

What are these shows? I noticed there are 3 local ones near me. Could I enter my puppy? What does it entail?

5. tashi

tashi PetForums VIP

I think that Carol put a link on here somewhere that listed the companion shows try putting it into the search engine see what you can find ;)

6. aurora

aurora PetForums Senior

7. classixuk

classixuk PetForums VIP

That link was exactly the type of thing I was looking for. Unfortunately, it only lists the shows for the 3 counties area.

I was hoping for a list of shows in the North-West.

So I am guessing that nobody has made a website listing all shows (champion, companion and fun) happening throughout the country?

I thought that it would have been great (and quite simple to achieve) if there was a map type website, where users could post dates and locations of events (champ, comp and fun) that they know of in their area.

Other users could then simply type in their postcode and select "show me what's happening near me within the next 3 months".

If this doesn't yet exist, I could probably get it done quite quickly (i.e. the software to make it work, uploaded to a domain name and ready to use) but it would be too much for me to then be responsible for typing in all of the events happening throughout the UK.

So here's my question - would other doggy owners give a little of their time and type up what's happening in their area if I got the site made, or would you all prefer to just come and read?

Also, to make sure all shows were covered, we would have to let other doggy owners know about it by telling them about the site - otherwise the site would be empty of info. Is there motivation to do this?

And finally, to make sure all of the funshows were listed, it would probably be helpful if people emailed their local rescue centers etc. to let them know they can add all of their stuff to the map as and when it happens.

It's a considerable amount of work, but worth it if it will help the UK doggy community being able to check one map for everything that's on. It would totally depend on community spirit though (like Wikipedia does) to keep the info updated. Would it work?

8. Spellweaver

Spellweaver PetForums VIP

There is a companion dog show group on facebook that does this sort of thing:

UK Companion & Fun Dog Shows | Facebook

I don't know how good it is cos I'm not a member of the group, but I saw it advertised in "Dog World" newspaper online.

9. classixuk

classixuk PetForums VIP

Thanks SpellWeaver!

I just checked that group out and joined. It has a few shows listed, but again, they are mostly down south.

Do you have a link to where you saw it, or was it in the actual printed news paper?

10. catellkai

catellkai PetForums Junior

you would have thought that some one would have done it, it all comes down the small print as to who can and is aloud to publish the dates and that are not being seen to be anything other than a third party.

11. Team Tegan

Team Tegan PetForums Newbie

12. kimpom

kimpom PetForums Newbie

Prodogs lists all Limit, Champ and open shows.
    Check it out!
    Kim
    Kimimela Pomeranians

http://www.prodogs.net/

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice