UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
9,685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What sticks in your mind from the past that sounds incredible today?

I still find it hard to believe that in the early sixties, when I was in the heart and lung ward of the Nottingham General with suspected Tuberculosis.There was an ashtray next to every bed, and first thing in the morning a lady pushed the tea trolley round complete with KitKats,newspapers,and cigarettes.

Unbelievable!!

·
Registered
2,923 Posts
Its ludicrous when you think about it!! Just like when you could smoke on a plane,there was ashtrays between the seats :eek:

Also driving without having to wear a seatbelt,when we were kids and going on a long journey we used to lay out on the back passenger shelf and sleep without anyone batting a eyelid!!

·
Still missing my boys
42,314 Posts
As very small children 6-7 we used to pick primroses and sell them by standing on the side of the road.

You'd be prosecuted now for picking primroses and letting small children stand at the edge of a road for hours, but it was our choice to bolster our pocket money :)

·
Registered
9,685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
As very small children 6-7 we used to pick primroses and sell them by standing on the side of the road.

You'd be prosecuted now for picking primroses and letting small children stand at the edge of a road for hours, but it was our choice to bolster our pocket money :)
Same with bluebells...all kids gathered them...illegal now,but often ignored.

How about motor cyclists without helmets...

Little boys bird nesting...

·
Premium Member
33,941 Posts
Cyclists would always ride their bike on the road.

·
Registered
11,079 Posts
My parents used to send me to the shop for cigarettes, beer, and to the garage for parrafin:D:D

No wonder I turned out like this:eek::eek::eek:

·
Registered
4,034 Posts
Seeing naughty children being given the cane in school.

Seeing white dog poo on pavements

·
Registered
14,799 Posts
Going for long walks late at night or in the wee small hours. I used to do that on a regular basis when I was in my teens. It used to be so quiet walking up the main roads, almost no traffic and hardly any people. Lovely!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.