Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

would you???

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by harmeetjohal, Jun 2, 2010.

1. harmeetjohal

harmeetjohal PetForums Senior

my friend is currently trying to breed his neo with a dogo.... should be a intresting mix....
    i know Dogo's are banned but it has a lovely temp.... the Neo is more or a guard dog....

would any of you every buy such a pup?

2. canuckjill

canuckjill PetForums VIP

simple answer from me NO.....

3. Colette

Colette PetForums VIP

I think this is totally disgusting and inexcusable, and under no circumstance would I buy such a pup from such immoral people.:mad:

1) Mastiff types already get a hard time as it is - bad rap from the media, being used as status dogs, plenty of mastiff breeds and especially crosses in rescue.

There is NO reason for breeding any mastiff type unless good quality, health tested, sound temperament etc. being bred by a caring, responsible, knowledgable breeder for the right reasons.

2) The dogo is illegal. I believe dogo crosses are also therefore illegal. Which means that the individual who owns this dog is by a criminal with no regard for his dog or the law. The individual who would willingly mate his dog with an illegal breed, to sell illegal pups is also a criminal in the making - again showing total disregard to the law and the dogs involved.

I am very anti-bsl, but like it or not certain breeds are currently illegal, and are at risk of being siezed and destroyed. Same goes for any pups produced.

I'm sorry, I really hope this is a sick joke, because this is about as unethical and corrupt as breeding gets.

4. SEVEN_PETS

SEVEN_PETS PetForums VIP

completely agree. whoever owns the dogo is already breaking the law by owning an illegal breed, but he would be breaking further laws by breeding from an illegal breed. Also, whoever sells these pups is also breaking the law by trading illegal breeds.

5. Happy Paws2

Happy Paws2 PetForums VIP

Short answer is NO, and your friend should have more sense.

6. harmeetjohal

but are we blaming the breed??
    i beleive the dogo owner just passes his dogs off as boxers/boxer crosses...

7. harmeetjohal

he was looking for a pit bull.... he is/was trying to creat a bandogg

8. flufffluff39

flufffluff39 PetForums VIP

9. SEVEN_PETS

SEVEN_PETS PetForums VIP

IMO we shouldn't go against the law. This breed is illegal and the dogo owner shouldn't have it, end of story. He's a criminal, and he shouldn't lie about his dog's breed.

10. JSR

JSR PetForums VIP

No one is blaming the breed. What idiot thinks it's clever to cross 2 powerful breeds and pass them off to unsuspecting people as something else?

As usual it's the prat at the other end of the lead who I'd happily see PTS...actually give me the needle and I'll help it on it's way.

11. harmeetjohal

people do this regarding pits saying they staffs or irish staffs

12. Starlite

Starlite PetForums VIP

i'm assuming your "mate" isnt in the uk as it would be very hard to hide a Dogo in the UK, they are fairly distinctive

13. SEVEN_PETS

SEVEN_PETS PetForums VIP

doesn't mean its right. they are criminals and are breaking the law.

14. JJAK

JJAK PetForums VIP

Personally,
    i would never ever ever buy a dog of this mix.

Why would you want to breed a mix like this anyways?

its irrisponsable breeding which causes behavioural/breed problems in the first place

15. harmeetjohal

i just been told by another friend.... he went on a 'trip' to ireland with her and that they are not illegal there???
    and that the pups would not be a dogo, but a neo cross....
    and he said that you cannt prove that it was a dogo it 'might just be a boxer'.....

16. SEVEN_PETS

SEVEN_PETS PetForums VIP

its still illegal, whatever way you dress it up. yes its a neo cross, but it still a neo cross dogo.

why are you defending your friend being a criminal?

17. JSR

JSR PetForums VIP

They do yes...and everyday dogs are being taken and locked up for months even years while their fate is decided by someone with no knowledge,experience or care. The 'lucky' get returned to their owners, some are scarred beyond repair, others are PTS. Do you really want this potential 'life' for a dog? Only a pure idiot would think this was clever. I'm guessing you are getting your jollies by winding people up.

18. harmeetjohal

yip he in the UK, and he had dogo's a few years ago 'but they were boxer crosses' he lived next to a police station, they all loved him.... and often spoke about pits with him, most people dont know about Dogo.... but he was well trained and know one thought anything of him
    anyway some kids stole his dogo, then he brought a neo.... and now wants cross pups....

19. JSR

JSR PetForums VIP

'THEY' do not have to prove he's a banned breed...the owner has to prove it isn't. Tell your 'friend' to read a book or just a leaflet if that's possible about the DDA and then see how clever it is.

20. harmeetjohal

i am not defending him or anyone, i love dog, esp large powerful breeds... i blame idiots not dog for problems.....
    but i was asking could such a dog be brought up well?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice