Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Would you trust?

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by rona, Jul 8, 2009.

1. rona

rona Guest

After the events in this household at the weekend, I realise that I don't worry about leaving Alfie with my OH. He knows all about his diet, routine and leg problems and how to treat him because of it.
    How comfortable would you be about leaving your dog with your OH in an emergency?

2. JSR

JSR PetForums VIP

I trust my OH but I wouldn't ever leave all the dogs in his care. As much as he'd like to he would never be able to cope and with some of the issues they have I wouldn't be at all happy. The dogs are mine, he came long after most of them so therefore I've already got plans in place if anything ever meant I was unable to care for them. As there is a variety of behavioural issues that alone are no issue for me but for a 'novice' would be extreamly dangerous I have to ensure their safety as well as their carers. Sadly it means they would be separated for the period of time needed but that's preferable to leaving someone who couldn't be 100% responsible.

#2 JSR, Jul 8, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2009
  3. Natik

Natik PetForums VIP

i would leave mine with my oh no problems, but because im a nosy person im sure i would be calling him up to check if everything is ok :D

4. mr.stitches

mr.stitches PetForums VIP

OH is more than capable....we both know everything there is to know about Pippin...what she eats, how much, when....what her routine is....

We are going away in September and Im a bit nervous about leaving her. She is going to stay with OH's Mum and I know she will be fine, loads of love and cuddles, big garden.....but I know I will be writing out a list of her routine, amount of food, how many treats she has each day... in fact I was going to post about it so watch out for that one!

5. Mine is just as capable of looking after ours as I am! They are however 'our' dogs therefore we have joint responsibility!
    regards
    DT

6. westie~ma

westie~ma ~ In my shed ~
    Staff Member

I would trust hubby to look after Monty, he is more than capable, just pretends not to be :D

7. clueless

clueless Banned

I can leave mine no probs with my OH He is good with all my dogs.

8. LostGirl

LostGirl PetForums VIP

zeb is our dog so i have no worries, we share all his care

The only thing i think i would have to remind him is zebs dinner as im the one who gives it to him as OH works

9. alphadog

alphadog PetForums VIP

I don't have an OH *sniff* so I really struggle on the occasions I have to make alternative care arrangements, which thankfully are very rare. Selma has a variety of residual issues and I wouldn't be able to trust any old jo, as she is so wick and can be quite a handful.

10. sequeena

sequeena PetForums VIP

I'd be fine. The OH and I share joint responsibility seeing as Candy and Sky are our dogs.

11. messyhearts

messyhearts PetForums VIP

At first, I wouldn't as he didn't like dogs but she's his baby now so I would trust him with her!

12. ad_1980

ad_1980 PetForums VIP

I'm not married so i can't say...

13. PoisonGirl

PoisonGirl Banned

At first, when I hadn't been with my oh for very long I would only let him take the other dogs out, not Dixie. But had no problem him looking after ther at home.

Now I would have no problem atall.. I have stayed at my mums and left him in charge. he needs reminded how much food they get and I make sure he knows to leave radio on if he goes out.

I would trust my oh with my life and my dogs :)

x

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice