UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So on saturday afternoon, i took Bubba onto the park (he is always on his lead) across the park we saw what i think is a Manchester Terrier (again on a lead). Which i noticed as soon as it saw Bubba started barking and growling, they dropped the lead which was by accident but managed to grab him before he got to us. So i decided to walk around the park as far as possible away from the said dog. However we were the furthest distance away from the dog when i turned around and just saw it again charging towards us before i knew it it had grabbed on to Bubbas bum snarling and grabbing at him. I managed to scoop Bubba up with the dog pretty much hanging off him to which he then dropped, Bubba was shacking in my arms with the dog still jumping up us and showing his teeth, what seemed like an eternity the ower got to us from the other side of the park and grabbed him. She then took him over to her son on the other side of the park whom i believe must of dropped the lead again, She came back over to check on us and was very apologetic but did say that he does sometimes take a dislike to some other dogs. My question is as she know this should her dog be mussled? I do know where she lives and not sure if i should report it or not as Bubba wasnt hurt he just lost abit of bum fur.
What would you do?

·
Registered
6,437 Posts
Actually I think I would report this to the dog warden. That was an unprovoked attack and the dog should be muzzled absolutely. If you report it it might just help someone else in the future, if only because if more than one attack happens, the dog warden might act.

Alternatively, you could seek out the owner and beseech her to muzzle her dog and tell her openly that if she doesn't, you WILL report it.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I was thinking of speaking to the owner i would of said it there and then on saturday but as you can imagine i was shaken and more bothered about checking Bubba over.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.