Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Would you let a puppy go to...

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Anon, Jul 1, 2009.

1. Anon

Anon PetForums Newbie

A woman has requested a labrador puppy from my pregnant bitch, but:
    She works and the dog she has not is kenneled through the day
    She has a 6 yr old son

Im not sure what to do, my instincts say no, but i dont know what tosay to her...

2. Nicci

Nicci Guest

If your instincts are telling you not to, then I would go with that, as your instincts are usually right.

3. archielee

archielee PetForums VIP

it would have to be a big no, puppies need a lot care, if she is not wiling to take time off work then no, and i would not like my dogs to be in kennels

4. archielee

archielee PetForums VIP

photos please

5. Anon

Anon PetForums Newbie

#5 Anon, Jul 1, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2009
  6. Bobbie

Bobbie PetForums VIP

I would also say no and give her your reasons for saying no as they are your pups at the end of the day and you want the best for them.

7. kenla210

kenla210 PetForums Senior

I work and have a 9 and 6 year old. Daisy is not pput in a kennel during the day, so I wouldn't automatically say no.
    It does however, mean lots of questioning about what provisions she would have in place, as mentioned puppies need lots of care initially. Would she crate train (IMO essential with young kids around) etc etc.

My OH and I both work full time, however he does shift work so is around alot in the day, and when we are both out for long periods we have our nanny stop in to check on Daisy, take her out for a wee or walk etc

If she can't answer these questions to your satisfaction, then of course say no. But... I would have thought it is worth investigating a bit more rather than saying no straight off the bat.

Umtimately you need to make sure the pup will be well looked after to your satisfaction so if you are very unhappy about it then just say no. I had a breeder say no to us when we were searching, and I respected her decision.

#7 kenla210, Jul 1, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2009
  8. think you need to ask a few more questions personally before dismissing! For example what arrangements are in place for the other dog, what about the child! who takes care of him after school and during holidays etc! Maybe there are grandparents involved! Have you seen the other dog? how well looked after is that~? etc etc! you could be turning down a perfectly good home and that would be a shame!
    regrds
    DT

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice