Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Would you give your cat up because of this...?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by RoseForTheDead, Jul 13, 2009.

1. I was on my local re-homing website, and I saw a gorgeous little cat - who's owner had given her to them because she was... killing birds... Er yes, she's a cat? It's natural? Surely they should have known this is what cats do before they got her? :confused: :(

2. scosha37

scosha37 PetForums VIP

PPft!..:mad: If we all had that aditude all the cats in the world would be inshelters!!!!..thats crazy.:eek:ut:

God you should see what my cat leaves me at the door in the morning...:rolleyes: But that cats for you...:rolleyes:

Hope she finds a better understanding home....:blushing:

#2 scosha37, Jul 13, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2009
  3. kittykat

kittykat PetForums VIP

Unbelievable! Why do people get animals when they are that stupid? :eek:

4. vickie1985

vickie1985 PetForums VIP

what an idiot! thats all i have to say.

5. MADCAT

MADCAT PetForums VIP

Some people amaze me :eek:ut: xxx

6. suzy93074

suzy93074 PetForums VIP

Makes me sick!:mad: poor little cat:(

7. suzy93074

suzy93074 PetForums VIP

Morning Vikki hope you are ok :)xx

8. 0nyxx

0nyxx PetForums VIP

Both my cats kill birds & although I dont like it & will rescue the birds in theres a chance theyre not badly hurt, I'd not give my cats up for it, it's a natural cat behaviour!

They bring back loads of mice on a daily basis every night Im picking up dead mice which they leave in the garden, & binning them.

They've brought birds, rats, mice, voles & even a mole home but it's just a cat thing, have loads of bells on their collars in an effort to stop them catching things but they still manage to hunt!

Sounds more like an excuse to get shot of the cat to me!

9. Missymoo

Missymoo PetForums Senior

Stupid woman!!

10. MADCAT

MADCAT PetForums VIP

I am good thanks, hope you are :) felt rough saturday and i spent yesterday at west midlands safari park, lovely day out xxx

11. I know, poor little thing. Atleast like someone said, she has the chance of a new home now where the people understand her.

My neighbour has 2 cats, and they have often brought birds to our back door, and I've seen them chase mice in the garden... it's what cats do!

12. westie~ma

westie~ma ~ In my shed ~
    Staff Member

No I wouldn't. Frankly, some people need a good shake. I suspect its just an excuse.

My grand old lady was 14 years old when she passed away, for the last 5 years of her life I was allergic to her, big lumps would come up on the inside of my arms if I smoothed her .... so I would wear a long sleeved top or I would wash my hands and arms after handling her.

I still miss her terribly, although I think Monty is happier now that she isn't here ;)

Tess 015.jpg

1 person likes this.
  13. charlie9009

charlie9009 PetForums Senior

I think that has to be the worst excuse for rehoming a cat I have ever heard!! :mad: Stupid people

14. munchbunch

munchbunch PetForums VIP

Stupid people. :rolleyes: The good thing is that hopefully Kitty will get a good loving new home with somebody that actually knows something about cats!! :)

15. bird

bird PetForums VIP

I would like to say I'm shocked but sadly I'm not. Nextdoors cat quite often catches birds, hence the blooming bell on its collar which is working he's not caught quite so many since that went on :D

16. Nina

Nina PetForums VIP

Some people do not need an excuse, they are just born cruel :cursing:

17. Cavalierlover123

Cavalierlover123 PetForums VIP

OMG what a stupid person!! what do they think cats do??:mad:

18. sequeena

sequeena PetForums VIP

Woops, I'd better get rid of Sky because she digs holes :rolleyes:

19. SeaThreePeeO

SeaThreePeeO PetForums VIP

OMG is that is a valid reason for rehoming a cat then Thomas would have gone years ago.

I love birds, they are my favourite animal and I will admit that I do not like it when Thomas decides to hunt and even eat them in front of me, but he's a cat. I would no more rehome him for a natural behaviour then I would for Shen's poo eating obsession

20. owieprone

owieprone PetForums VIP

lmao whoever came up with that excuse is blatantly not endowed with the old grey matter.

we've had to put 2 bells on each of our cats so that they rub together when the cats move to give the birds at least some chance!

the cats have done their job by getting rid of a mouse colony in the street but the birds need abit more of a fighting chance.. however this didn't stop one thrush being too stupid to escape properly and got stuck under our fence and died.. i only noticed it once it was dead, completely inact so much have died of dehydration or fright.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice